Service: Practice, Dummy
|Service: Practice, Dummy|
|Section||Far Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Artificer Mullenix |
in Eye of the North
|Preceded by||Charr Invaders|
|Followed by||Service: In Defense of the Eye|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
This solo quest has you train 3 of the service staff that live in Eye of the North so they can help fight while the Ebon Vanguard is away.
 Quest information
- Tell Artificer Mullenix when you are ready to start the training session.
- Help train the service staff by leading them into combat. Destroy 20 practice dummies in 3 minutes.
- See Artificer Mullenix for your reward.
When you start the quest, you are brought to an instance of the Eye of the North great hall along with the three service staff. After the twenty training dummies pop up, you must help the NPCs destroy them. The NPCs will attack the closest dummy and continue around the circle until all twenty are destroyed. The dummies don't attack or use skills, so healing skills and interrupts are not needed.
To complete the quest as quickly as possible, resign when you first arrive at the site, before the timer begins. Type the /resign command before entering the mission, and simply hit enter as soon as possible after the loading screen disappears. The log will say you have failed, but it will also say you killed all twenty dummies. In about five seconds, you will be returned to the Eye of the North, and you can claim your reward.
Even if you miss this opportunity, the quest itself should be easy.
- 20 (20) Practice Dummy
 Initial dialogue
- "That near disaster with the Charr expeditionary force has me especially concerned about our ability to defend the Eye of the North. Between the Charr, the Centaur tribes, and the occasional drunken Norn we've a lot to be concerned about. I want to make sure those who remain to provide support services are trained for battle. Show those dummies who's boss."
 Reward dialogue
- "Let's hope your training paid off. I've got reports of enemies on the march toward us at this very moment."