- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for an explorable area during Winds of Change and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Region||The Jade Sea|
|Exit(s)|| Leviathan Pits|
Unwaking Waters (Luxon)
The Silent Surf stands as a prominent reminder of what once were the roiling waves of the Jade Sea, now frozen jade. This area probably had turbulent waves a long time ago, as evidenced by the large waves that were forever stopped in their travel to the shore. Three small islands stand amidst the jade waves, two of them connected by bridges to the mainland. Many forms of native wildlife roam the surface of the jade together with bands of Outcasts. The Afflicted have a presence here as well, and can be found near and on the two northern islands.
 Getting there
Several secondary quests that can be obtained in Leviathan Pits also take place here.
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- North, at the exit into Leviathan Pits.
- Lyssa's Muse
- East, at the exit into Seafarer's Rest.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Center, on the middle island.
- Voice of Grenth
- Southwest, at the exit into Unwaking Waters (Luxon).
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
 Other allies
- 20 Kurzick Guards or 20 Luxon Guards
- 20 Kurzick Merchants or 20 Luxon Merchants
- 20 Kurzick Priests or 20 Luxon Priests
- 20 (20) Attis
 Charmable animals
- 5 (5) Reef Lurker
- 20 (26) Afflicted Warrior
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ranger
- 20 (26) Afflicted Monk
- 20 (26) Afflicted Necromancer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Mesmer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Elementalist
- 20 (26) Afflicted Assassin
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ritualist
- 28 (30) Oni
- 22 (26) Outcast Warrior
- 21 (26) Outcast Deathhand
- 22 (26) Outcast Assassin
- 23 (26) Outcast Ritualist
- 22 (26) Jade Torn Kirin
- 24 (26) Rot Wallow
- 28 (30) Miella Lightwing → Air of Enchantment (Miella's Focus)
- 28 (30) Sourbeak Rotshell → Spoil Victor (Sourbeak's Taint)
- 26 (30) Razorjaw Longspine → Quick Shot (Razorjaw's Hornbow)
- 26 (30) Whispering Ritual Lord → Ritual Lord (Ritual Lord's Staff) (except during the Dragon Hunter)
- 27 (30) Sentasi, the Jade Maul → Devastating Hammer (Sentasi's Jade Hammer)
- 28 (30) Amadis, Wind of the Sea → Gust (Amadis' Air Staff)
- Complete exploration of this area will yield about 2.8% to the Canthan Cartographer title track.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests requires defeating around 245 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 223 to 283.
- Be wary of groups that move along long overlapping patrol paths, especially the Outcast groups, as some of them move very fast.
- There are 5 hidden Oni groups (each consisting of 3 or 4 of them):
- Around the southern bend from the Seafarer's Rest exit.
- In a corner at the end of the western path heading south away from Leviathan Pits.
- In the small nook east of the bridge that connects the eastern island to the larger landmass.
- South of Kenrii Sea Sorrow's location, along the cliff face.
- On the southernmost island (the path above the pier).
- The Afflicted, the Outcasts, and the Jade Sea wildlife are all hostile to one another and will fight each other if two different groups come within aggro range. If you take your time before moving to the more densely-patrolled areas, many of the groups may have already killed each other.
- Because so many groups kill each other, it is possible to complete the vanquish by killing only around 175 enemies, despite there being over 240.
- This area is one of three in Factions (the other being Mourning Veil Falls and Morostav Trail ) where up to nine elites may be captured.
|Explorable areas in the Jade Sea|
|Archipelagos • Boreas Seabed • Maishang Hills • Mount Qinkai • Gyala Hatchery • Rhea's Crater • Silent Surf • Unwaking Waters|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|