Special Treats Weekend
The Special Treats Weekend is an annually recurring special weekend in Guild Wars. Starting in 2007, our wandering reporter, The Scribe, announced there would be treats in store.
Autumn winds blow through the lands and shorter nights herald the coming of a special holiday. Often during this seasonal lull between the long, sweet days of summer and the short, bitter days of winter, my thoughts turn to my childhood and to fond memories of my grandmother's baked goods and the pungent odors wafting from grandfather's barn as he turned apples into cider.
What brings this to mind is some interesting news I learned while traveling through Tyria, Cantha, and Elona these past few weeks. It seems the Fraternal Order of Bakers and Brewers (FOBB) plans to gather at secret locations across the lands to exchange recipes, share samples of their goods, and spread their special brand of cheer (to the dismay of bar maids and innkeepers alike).
What may interest you, gentle readers, is that in the past, the participants of these surreptitious banquets have often left for home not fully in control of all of their faculties (much like my grandfather after a day of making cider), and have been known to unwittingly leave some of their wares along the roadside as their carts bump and carom along the cobbles, where they have been picked up by various denizens of the area.
So, be on the alert in all three lands during the next several days, for you may find means to acquire samples of the latest FOBB confections or beverages. If past harvest convention fare is any indicator, these tasty treats are sure to please.
— The Scribe ~ 2007
|2007||12:01 Pacific (-8 GMT) on Thursday, November 22nd until 11:59 PM Pacific (-8 GMT) on Sunday, November 25th|
|2008||Noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Wednesday, November 26th until 11:59 PM Pacific (-8 GMT) on Sunday, November 30th|
|2009||Noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Wednesday, November 25th until 11:59 PM Pacific (-8 GMT) on Sunday, November 29th|
|2010||Noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Wednesday, November 24th until 11:59 PM Pacific (-8 GMT) on Sunday, November 28th|
|2011||Noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Wednesday, November 23rd until 11:59 PM Pacific (-8 GMT) on Sunday, November 27th|
|2012||Noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Wednesday, November 21st until 11:59 PM Pacific (-8 GMT) on Sunday, November 25th|
|Hard Apple Cider||Slice of Pumpkin Pie|
- During this event:
- Hard Apple Ciders and Slices of Pumpkin Pie will randomly drop from PvE foes.
- In Guild versus Guild, the opposing Guild Lord drops either 10 Hard Apple Ciders or 10 Slices of Pumpkin Pie for each player of the winning team when he dies. To prevent exploitation, no rewards are offered if (a) the match ends after 28 minutes without either side killing a Guild Lord or (b) the battle ends in under 5 minutes (e.g. due to one team resigning or zoning).
- This event is scheduled to coincide with the American Thanksgiving holiday (the fourth Thursday of November).
- Although the event is called a "Weekend", it actually begins on a Wednesday (Pacific Standard Time) instead of on a Friday, which is the usual for weekend events.
- The GvG special treat rewards were first offered in 2010.
- In 2012, the event ended on November 25th instead of the date listed in the login screen announcements (November 26th).
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Birthday Celebration||2nd • 3rd • 4th • 5th • 6th • 7th • 8th|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 (Redux) • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Wintersday in July||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 (Redux) • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 (Redux) • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Other annual events|| Lucky weekend • Special Treats Weekend • |
Sweet Treat Weekend • Talk Like a Pirate Event
|One-time only events||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile • Wayfarer's Reverie|