|Given by|| Field General Hayao |
in Plains of Jarin or Sun Docks
|Preceded by||Zaishen Elite|
(Click to enlarge)
This quest will allow Acolyte Sousuke to join your party as a hero. This quest and Student Jin are mutually exclusive, so once this quest is completed, you won't be able to gain Acolyte Jin as a hero until after the completion of the Nightfall campaign.
 Quest information
- Travel to Zehlon Reach and bond with Acolyte Sousuke through battle against one of Balthazar's Eternals.
- See Field General Hayao for your reward.
Follow the quest marker to the location in Zehlon Reach (west of Astralarium). At the marker you will find Acolyte Sousuke near Balthazar's Eternal and two Ghostly Griffons. Defeat them to complete the quest.
 Initial dialogue
Field General Hayao
- "The Zaishen are sworn blades of Balthazar, loyal to the end. You have selected Sousuke as your student. It is time to show your pupil the meaning of strength. Together you must defeat one of Balthazar's Eternals in combat. Only through victory in the face of adversity will you be forever bonded with your brethren in arms. You will find the Eternal in Zehlon Reach."
- Accept: "It's now or never."
- Decline: "It's never. Or at least not now."
- Ask: "Acolyte Sousuke is in The [sic] Zehlon Reach. He will call forth the Eternal once you arrive."
 Intermediate dialogue
At the start of the battle
- Acolyte Sousuke
- "Let's see how infinite these Eternals are when they meet my spells head on."
After defeating Balthazar's Eternal and the Ghostly Griffons.
- Acolyte Sousuke
- "Ha! I barely broke a sweat. You and I make a good team, yes?"
 Reward dialogue
- Field General Hayao
- "As his trainer, I think it best you knew something about your pupil. Sousuke is driven by a relentless curiosity and always offering advice, commentary, and wisecracks, but do not let that deceive you. His unique attitude and boundless curiosity are rare in a Zaishen, but he backs it up with a flamboyant, explosive fighting style. Good luck, hero. Go with the blessing of Balthazar."