Two Accounts
hey i have 2 accounts 1 is the first guild wars the other is night fall. i really dont want to buy another night fall. soim asking if i can delete one of my accounts?????? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:Atokad267 .
- Once a key is used it cannot be reused, and accounts can't be merged. - BeX 04:23, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Why not? Campaigns can be merged? -- Silverleaf .
- Imagine if you bind a key code to one email address and create four characters, and buy a second key and use a different email address and create four characters. Both keys are considered used. If you ask ANet they will tell you they can't merge them. It would be a nightmare due to character slot limitations. And proving that an account is actually yours is complicated enough (I have heard of a case when a user needed a receipt for purchasing the game, a scan of the card with the key on it and photo id just to have the email address reset after he'd been hacked). It is in ANet's interest that they require a new key to be purchased, because you might have been given access to the second account because a friend stopped playing, which means they get no income from it. Plus anything less complicated for them is less work (and thus cheaper). - BeX 14:22, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- Why not? Campaigns can be merged? -- Silverleaf .
 Second Acount
Exactly how does one go about obtaining a second account? Do they have to purchase a new Access Key from ArenaNet or something? --Jack Faros 18:01, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Here's a good question.
Lets say I install GW on my desktop. But Then I get a laptop. Can I install my GW on laptop and use my email address to play it on there of, or once its on desktop thats it?--The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:188.8.131.52 (talk).
- You can install it on as many computers as you like. Since the game is account-based, your e-mail adress/password is what allows you to play.--Fighterdoken 05:43, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Thnx 4 the swift and helpful answer! Thanx again man/feman. signed Zhagy Zeven of YaRR
 Is Account Sharing against the rules?
Just curious.--iRathur 01:09, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, account sharing is prohibited by the EULA (see section 4a). Freedom Bound 16:35, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
 getting a new account
I want to get the triligy pack, but I dont knnow if I have to get a new account. And even if I were to, I dont know how or how much it is. So how much is the accounts? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:184.108.40.206 (talk).
- Well, if you have an existing account, you can add the trilogy key to the existing account. The only thing(s) that will be added to your account is (are) whatever you're missing (i.e. if you have Factions, you'll get the Prophecies and Nightfall campaigns added). OR, you can create a new account. But, if I understand the question correctly, the "account" itself is included in the price of the trilogy (assuming you're buying a new retail copy, account keys cannot be reused). Also, please sign your submissions by using four ~'s. Freedom Bound 16:34, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- The TRILOGY is $49.99. After you buy it you enter the key to start the account. If you already have an account and just dont have all 3 games Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall then you are better off getting the games seperate unless your goal is to start a new account. Drogo Boffin 16:37, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
 New Idea...may be dumb so prepare yourselves...
We should be able to trade characters with each other =]--Bive 02:32, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- yea i think its dumb XD...only because if someone is rich and lazy they could just buy a lvl 20 char from some guy that spent 6 hours lvling it...make him alot of gold but takes the fun lvling aspect away...also there could be problems with leaving items on people
- Lol 6 hours to level a character to 20. Can get to 20 in factions in half that time. personn5 00:36, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
 Trial accounts
Does anyone know precisely what is different in a GW trial account as compared to the regular game? I was planning to recommend a trial account to some friends and want to let them know what they'd still be missing. Also, can you send Guild Hall visitor rights to a trial account? Legionaireb 18:18, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- Trial accounts allow you 2 weeks to play up to 14 hours. You should have access to all quests. If you add full-access key later to the same account, your progress/toons will rollover. I think you can learn all skills relevant to the campaign, but I'm not sure about elite skills.
- I haven't tested trade restrictions (there's a 24-hr wait after creating an account before it can trade). I'm not sure about the guild. (I can't think of any reason why guild access should be restricted for trial accounts.) I'm also not sure what amount of PvP is available. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 19:19, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
 Account restoration for hacked players
An alliance member got hacked and was speaking about it in chat. Then somebody else mentioned its reversible. I never heard of such feature and holded a grudge against ANet because I lost several excellent personality friends. I asked to be pointed to a document and was pinged to Support Forums: https://forum.guildwars.com/forum/forums/accounts/Guild-Wars-Account-Restorations/page/1#post7257. Then I came here to double check Game Updates but the Wiki has no such record as of 2011, October 1st. I think such huge feature should be included in this page. Yoshida Keiji talk 13:57, 16 July 2012 (UTC)