Talk:Animate Bone Fiend
Calling this the most commonly used skill for MM's is subjective. Depending on the situation, lower energy cost minions (Bone Horror/Shambling Horror) could be more useful, and are much more effective at body-blocking in choke points. --Zorbonkingofpants 21:23, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- Agreed. This skill has too high energy cost. I would suggest it being lowered to 15 Energy, but then it would be used at a much faster ratio. The fast attack speed and ranged attacks are nice, but considering 25 energy into play... come on... This skill would be much better at 15 Energy though. --Pwrkaril 21:25, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
- Saying that this is a commonly used skill isn't a subjective statement. Personal opinion on whether it's good or not doesn't change whether lots of people use it or not. Saying it's the best minion skill would be subject, saying it's popular isn't. 220.127.116.11 15:47, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Most other minions repay themselves through Soul Reaping; unless you pack a bunch of high-energy skills Bone Fiends are a nice way to use that energy. Their damage is far better (also because they don't waste much time chasing after targets). Faster kills mean more corpses (and soul reaping through that). Also a bunch of melee minions can be wiped out at once with an AoE; having some Fiends means you spread out your army a bit. As such I think it more than warrants the higher cost. --Tenshi Samshel 09:58, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
 Avarr the Fallen
- If you went by the actual attribute point system hed have to have somewhere from 24 to 26, but monsters never follow the rules :P--Raph Come get ur Ramen Noodles! 02:29, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Why? oO LunarEffect 12:41, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- Silly me...doh! LunarEffect 12:43, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
 Really Fun Before NERF
In beta, these guys were AWESOME. So were every other minion, in fact. Basically, there's practically no limit to the number of minions you could have in beta. Now, the most you can have is 10. What a shame. If you look at some youtube videos, you'd see dozens of them stacked up. Bisurge 06:45, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- It was also really broken before the nerf. See HA. RitualDoll 17:14, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Sir Bertram in Ascalon does NOT train this skill. This needs to be edited out of the table.
 Favorable winds?
Just curious, does the fiends attacks count as arrows for the purpose of fovorable winds and other such skills.
Yes. Roflmaomgz 18:06, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
 Degen Rate
Removing a note about this minion degen being higher then other minions... I dispute this and have removed it... seems the same to me... anyone have proof otherside? Comment was added by an IP that could not provide numbers MrPaladin talk 13:23, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe its the recharge that confuses him. If you were creating bone horrors, more of them would be closer to the same 'age', so when comparing an old one to a new one, the bone fiend old one would be 20 seconds older. That's my guess. StatMan 19:44, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
 Worst Minion Skill
In my opinion, the whole point of minions is to create a meat shield to absorb damage taken from the enemy. All minions apart from these will charge forward and entangle your foes, allowing you to nuke them into oblivion. These Bone Fiends, though, attack using ranged and therefore will be next to the rest of your party when being targeted by enemies (with AoE and such like). Oh and don't get me started on the energy cost. Lahmia The Vampire 13:48, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- it depends, if your group needs a minion wall then yeah these suck, if you just need more dps then these are better, but they cant use death nova so well either, so its a tradeoff 18.104.22.168 20:08, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
Does Pikin in Kamadan offer this? - It says so on his page but not here. --Manassas 12:38, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
- Sneaked on behind my boss' back and checked myself --Manassas 12:53, 8 February 2011 (UTC)