It is really not right that these attribute quests are restricted to characters from the same campaign when Ascension is not. GW suffers enough with main storyline restrictions.
- Well if they weren't for same campaign only, people could get over 200 attribute points, giving an advantage over players with only one campaign Mcdertr 19:09, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- What he means is that you could get your extra 30 points in any campaign, but you couldn't get more than 200 total. -- Alaris 19:23, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Why is the attribute cap set at 12? If I get to level 20 you should be able to put all your 200 points into (say) blood magic and get to level 18 or something. I know people will say "oooh that will unbalance the game" but how? If everyone can do it. Admittedly it will create some unbalance builds, but with a well organised group build, you could compensate for the weaknesses of a 1 attribute build such as this.
- I think it's less of a balance problem (as you said, the game could be balanced for it), and far more a question of enabling or encouraging fun gameplay. At one extreme, you could put all your attribute points in a single skill. Then the game, for many, will turn into spamming that single skill, and the other 7 slots will be fairly useless. The same happens to a lesser degree with attribute lines. You can now max 2 with few points in a third, or have 3 fairly strong but not maxed. That encourages you to mix & match skills from 2-3 attribute lines, one of which is generally the primary. So you end up with more versatily or at least more complexity in your build. -- Alaris 15:08, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
 getting higher than 16
is there a page somwhere that will show me a guide or strategy to getting attribute boosts? for instance skills like dragons stomp and AotL and items like the golden egg easter drop?? if there is no page then can somone make it please??? much appreciated Briar 22:42, 14 March 2009 (UTC)briar
 max attribute points
Is it possible to do attribute quests from other campaigns? In any one of them, you max out at 200. If you could do both quests from each campaign, you could get 290 or something like that. Is that possible?188.8.131.52 02:37, 9 November 2009 (UTC)Zeke64
- No. Pika Fan 02:38, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
It occurs to me that the note about having a foreigner help you with one of these quests is OK, but the part about the foreigner being unable to share in the reward is weird. Of course the foreigner can't share in the reward. It's a quest, not a mission, so only the character who actually has the quest in his log can receive the reward. The same also applies to locals who do not have the quest in their quest log, for whatever reason. The only difference is that the foreigner cannot take the quest, because foreigners are locked out of these quests.
In effect, the only thing that's special about these quests is that they have an unusual reward: attribute points. Cynique 08:17, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- That note should be removed. --Silver Edge 08:49, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Unless it's a matter of clarification, I think the whole note concerning foreigners can be removed. Instead, just note that the attribute quests are only obtainable by characters native to the campaign. Anyone can help with any quest, and only in very narrow circumstances would you have to consider specific requirements, hence making a special note is superfluous. -Yossitaru 09:21, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- OK, the part about foreigners is no longer there. Any votes for/against a remark that the quests are in all other ways just like all other native-character-only quests? Cynique 12:03, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
 Point Distribution compared
12+9+9 is commonly used by elementalists, 12+10+8 is used by standard minionmaster, 12+8+8+7 is used by PVE mesmers mainly, 12+12+3 very common in general, 11+10+10 common in PVP, 9+9+9+9 not used but still deserves a spot, 11+9+8+8 is used more rarely then 12+8+8+7 but still common because you sometimes need the extra points to meet breakpoints. Anyhow, I gave it a much needed workover so the allocations represent what is actually used ingame. 184.108.40.206 15:47, 26 March 2012 (UTC)