Talk:Bog Skale Fin
 Drop research
|Unknown||Bog Skale||North Kryta Province||Indecision 03:23, 10 April 2007 (EDT)|
 Expert salvage research
 Annoying Farm!
Freaking annoying to farm! They never drop. Does Hard Mode Yeild more of them?
- Im gonna put a note on where to farm its so easy...Simpaklimp 21:27, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- The Black Curtain is a good place to go to as well, IMO. There are tons of Bog Scale Blighters, and if you start at Temple of the Ages, you can have a party of 8 instead of 6. FloppyJoe 00:42, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
I would suggest that a good way is to start at Sanctum Cay, work N through Stingray Strand and through the portal into Tears of the Fallen. I found this more productive than The Black Curtain. Drops are still few and far between however, but I got three in about 1 hour. Moebius the Malign 17:35, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
- Farming these takes a long time....be ready for a rough ride-Flaming Renegade 22:17, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
You might as well vanquish Stingray Strand and Tears of the Fallen because one wont even drop for your Black Moa Chick -Anraiki 05:01, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
I spent a couple hours farming in Stingray Strand and got nothing, but then I moved to Tears of the Fallen and got 5 fins in about an hour. Could've just been luck, but that's my experience. .. 6 April 2011 The North Kryta Province farm is so much easier for this. Anyone know where that info went? /CC
 Skale icetooth
From what I've seen the icetooth don't drop these at all, only the blighters do. That would explain why some of you are getting crap drops (Farming mobs of only iceteeth) 184.108.40.206 19:53, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- The commonly used farms are Tears of the Fallen and perhaps Stingray Stand...and blighters appear in both those locations. I believe that Twin Serpent Lakes is the only location where you can find the Icetooths, but not the others...and I believe it was used successfully for farming Herring for Nick (but I don't recall whether anyone reported specific results). Drop rates can vary enormously from run to run for a variety of reasons, so I suspect there's some other cause of people reporting them to be difficult to farm.
- I now use an incidental farm: whenever I go after the Kessex Three (Destor et al), I go the backway through the swamp in the Black Curtain and run into anywhere between 6 and 20 skale; that usually generates 1-4 fins, which I save. In addition, Guild Wiki also suggests Scoundrel's Rise, near Gates of Kryta.
- That aside, I think we should take a closer look at the icetooths: if anyone else confirms that they see other trophy-like drops from them, but never any Bog Skale Fins, we should update this article and the NPC's accordingly. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 20:29, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
 Farming locations
Re-ran Tears of the Fallen today for Nick's new request. 3 runs, 24 fins, less than an hour using an SoS solo while chatting and editing the wiki. (I imagine a serious farmer would do better.) The nice things about this farm are: all but a few of the foes drop the fins; it's easy to find an efficient route that covers all groups and returns you to a portal; it's easy to bring a leecher (for slightly better cash, drop rates); it's easy to reach (and most of the foes from Fisherman's Haven are also fin-droppers). – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 18:13, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
Just thought I would add, the best possible place to farm is using the portal to Tears of the Fallen and Twin Serpent Lakes. Get to Tears of the Fallen from Twin Serpent, kill the Grand Drake and then kill three mob spawns ALL bog scales (no other animals). Then, go through the portal and kill the closest group in Twin Serpent Lakes. Go back to TotF and rinse and repeat. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) at 17:21, 1 January 2012 (UTC).