No "ego skill"
Did you note that this skill can be cast on any party member? Accordingly, e.g. a MM could reserve a slot for this, and cast it on another blood-necromancer in the team with Cultist's Fervor (and Masochism). —ZerphaThe Improver 21:27, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- now that i saw that, this seems like a skill with much potential ... will try making a duo build with it soon.188.8.131.52 14:22, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
- Let's play the aura bombing game. You will need one (1) N/A with the following and one N/x with the following skills:
|Blinding Powder||Deadly Paradox||Cultist's Fervor||Blank||Blank||Blank||Blank||Blank|
- No, they can't be the same person.
- Here's how you play the game:
- Let N/A die a couple of times until they have less than 5 maximum health. Yes. Less than 5.
- Have N/x apply Dark Aura to N/A.
- Have N/A use Cultist's Fervor (the sacrifice will be 0 health with 4 max) Deadly Paradox (so Blinding Powder can be spammed faster), and spam Blinding Powder like it's going out of style.
- Dark Aura will trigger on each Blinding Powder as long as Cultist's Fervor is up, dealing ~50 damage to each adjacent foe with no energy cost. Unfortunately, this has the nasty side effect of killing the N/x. Blinding Powder will recharge instantly, since it didn't follow an off-hand attack, so you should be able to use it six times per second with good buttonmashing.
|Blinding Powder||Deadly Paradox||Cultist's Fervor||Blood Ritual||Blood Renewal||Shadow Walk||Dash||Caltrops|
|Dark Aura||Protective Spirit||Shield of Regeneration||Guardian||Spirit Bond||Reverse Hex||Dismiss Condition||Rebirth|
- Thought this up, one necro to provide Aura and to keep the other necro from getting instagibbed (degen on 4 Health = gg). Also, added the shadow step and the snare for more aura nuking ability. I think this farming duo could work anywhere without lifesteal (still = instagib) or enchant stripping... I'm sure someone's gonna let me know after they do it. Raine - talk 19:58, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Aura of the Lich?
Does Aura halve the damage caused by this skill? Justing6 04:09, 28 February 2008 (UTC)
- I think so, yes. Dark Morphon(contribs) 09:57, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- no it doesn't, cuz it's not dmg you take, it's hp you lose
This skill is terrible now since aura of the lich will no longer cut back on the damage loss and this skill will actually kill you before anything else will.Highway Man 04:22, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
- I use it for suicide bombing. --184.108.40.206 03:18, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, there goes my blood build :(
Use for this skill
Here's a build I use to actually be capable of taking advantage of this skill. I let my MM hero carry it and cast it on myself. With a nice self heal every 3 seconds(Blood of the Aggressor) and plenty of armor(carry a shield for little extra) this build easily tanks while being able to sac at touch range without killing itself. Unholy feast acts as a power-heal when i'm in danger.
Dervish/Necromancer mysticism=11+1+2 earthmagic=6+1 bloodmagic=12 Touch of Agony,Walow's Bite,Blood of the Aggressor,Unholy Feast, Optional, Conviction, Eternal Aura, Avatar of Dwayna --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
Shouldn't Dark Aura cause energy gain when trigered in combination with Masochism? Lets face it, you do lose Hp tho it's not really sacreficed 09:17:56 (UTC)
- Yes but its not classified as sacrifice. Infuse health and illusion of weakness would trigger it aswell from your view point but they dont. Since you have to sacrifice health to trigger Dark Aura AND masochism, making dark aura trigger masochism is just being greedy--Justice 04:23, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- I guess Masochism has changed since this discussion was added. Anyways, I wonder if Dark Aura would trigger twice if you have Masochism active and use a skill that already sacrifices health like Dark Pact or Signet of Agony or something. I guess the question is whether you sacrifice 3-5% HP from Masochism and then whatever additional cost from the skill you're actually using or if the game just thinks of it as 1 big chunk of sacrificed health. If it's the former then there's potential for some serious blood necro suicide bombing which could also be pretty fun. Pjwned 20:00, 25 March 2011 (UTC)
Question about synergy with BiP
Does this skill still trigger if u use it with an 1hp BiP necro? Because you don't actually sacrifice health, so it shouldn't.If it does however, u could make a great damage dealer out of an 1hp
"you lose 5...17...20 Health." so you will die as soon as Dark Aura triggers. Frothen Flame 02:49, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- If someone else casts it on you, then you are fine though. Put Prot Spirit and Shield of Absorption/Shielding Hands on the 1HP and you have a super spiker. <3 18.104.22.168 21:55, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
Anybody think it should get lowered as the ranks in Death Magic get higher? ^^ Than 02:36, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- you Sir are using logic....stop it!!--BobbyT 13:34, 6 January 2010 (UTC)