Talk:Guild Wars Prophecies
Who is the warrior in the picture with eve, cynn and mhenlo? Is it just some random one if so why use that instead of devona or little thom? Ultrametroid 00:39, 16 March 2011 (GMT)
Who wrote all the profession stubs? The language is atrocious, and the information is generally uninformed and irrelevant.
 Infobox CVG
Any opinions on portin;l; over something like Wikipedia's Infobax CVG for use on the campaign article pages? Not all of the sections would be needed here; but I think it's a useful way to show system requirements, release dates, distribution media, etc. I know there's also an interest in avoiding the over-prolifferation of templates here, so I'm not working on it myself at this time. --Barek 10:52, 12 February 2007 (PST)
I believe this article has almost all of what we need to complete it. Anything more added would be excellent. Perhaps we can get a list of sorts for what else we should add? Steelhammer 22:00, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
I disagree with the edit to Warrior in the professions section - it's way too bulky of a description now. To me, this page should only contain one or two line summaries of each profession. If the reader wants more details, they can follow the links to the individual profession articles. --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 23:45, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
- I agree. The Ice Master 18:01, 14 April 2007 (EDT)
 Update March 31st
I added pictures and lined-up some of the tabs. Feel free to contribute more. Now we need to work on the other two campaigns.
I don't get why which god goes with which profession is in here. There is no option in the game to follow a god, yet all the professions make it sound like there is an in-game god chooser. The gods do represent the professions, but I've heard of only very few people taking role playing in this game to that extent.
- In the lore, each profession has a patron diety, Lyssa - Mesmers, Assassins, Grenth - Necros, Rits, Assassins, Balthazar - Warriors, Prot Monks, Fire Eles... it's all in the manual. Of course, you don't or shouldn't limit yourself to this style of play--The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:184.108.40.206 (talk).
- No one really roleplays in this game. — ク Eloc 貢 19:08, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
- i do , my main character is a sexy necromancer who is a follower of Grenth AND Lyssa (as are all my other characters)
- oops forgot to use the tildes Fenrir dragonbone 08:55, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
 Campaign / Expansion infobox?
Anyone else think that a campaign/expansion infobox would be useful? It could list the release data, and have direct links to storylines, missions, quests, skills, locations, and maybe even green weapons, collectors, and trainers. --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 20:45, 5 May 2007 (EDT)
 Oh my God
- The latest vandalism was hilarious. "Mesmers are the mentally retarded." --Chiaro 00:56, 22 May 2007 (EDT)
 Problem with GW game my friend bought
Guild Wars Standard Edition (box content) The Guild Wars Standard Edition box with 2 fold out flaps comes in 3 different looks (different character pictures on the cover) and includes the following:
Game discs (2) The GuildWars Manuscripts game manual GuildWars Quick Reference card Install Guild Wars installation information sheet
It didn't come with the Guild Wars Manuscripts game manual what should my friend do?
 Continent of Tyria
noone needs the manual. if you were smart, you would tell your friend to ask some people or just look up his questions here like you did. or ask people in the game. should we maybe add a picture of oldschool-tyria before the release of gw:en? —ZerphaThe Improver 19:56, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
 Removed Information
Have a look at this diff. I think a lot of information was removed in that edit that should have remained in the article. I realise the intention may have been to tidy it up and make it shorter, but I don't think that should be at the expense of the content. Should we merge some of it back in? Biscuits 23:05, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think that the profession information needs to be duplicated so the cut down was fine. However I think that information about the different releases what they have, when they were available and the different box arts for the release is pretty important if you want to document everything about Guild Wars. Perhaps put that information into a separate page (or pages) and link to it from here? --Aspectacle 23:28, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
Why is there no images for all of the boxes for Prophecies? There was 3 different ones for the Standard edition, this one, one with Cynn/Mhenlo the the one there with the Warrior and Eve. — ク Eloc 貢 06:43, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
 WHat Prophecie?
What is the prophecie?
--Sir Phil SP 10:55, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
 wat is gw prophicies about???
I dont want to spend alot of money on gw so i just want sum info lol plz reply!!!!!!!!
- The article will answer that for you, that's why it's there. Storyline of Prophecies will also tell you what's it's about. -- Brains12 \ Talk 21:38, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
 Guild Wars Platinum Edition
I bought a different Platinum Edition this past weekend. It's called Guild Wars Factions Platinum Edition. Comes with Guild Wars GoTY, Factions, and the Bonus Mission Pack.
 Guild Wars Special Edition
quote: "Unlock code for 7 normal skills, 1 Elite skill and 2 weapon or armor upgrades"
question: Are any of these available in presearing and if so, what?
- Unlocking skills only refers to Player Vs Player, not Roleplaying. — ク Eloc 貢 17:57, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
The special edition allows you to unlock skills for PvE as well as PvP. You will have to visit the skill trader or use a tome before an individual character can use them, so you won't be able to access them in Pre. But it does mean that you can buy end-game skills from the Sir Bertram in Ascalon (or Sergio in LA for Factions/NF chars) instead of waiting to get to Dakk in Ember Light Camp. Also, any heroes you acquire from NF/EotN will be able to use them. 220.127.116.11 20:10, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
- That's true... kind of. Unlocking skills is not exclusive to the special edition, it's available in any edition, even any campaign. -- FreedomBound 23:22, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
 Historical screen shots
I would like to see a seperate article about how Guild Wars looked like and felt like at the start. From screenshots of my 2005-founded guild (I joined GW late 2007) I can see that the graphics was much simpler at that time. From the update notes I learnt that there were some milestone updates that significantly changed the whole game and look. It may be interesting to collect these changes and show how the game evolved from the start. I would like to start an article myself, but I am no veteran player, so I don't know what change was really important and how the gameplay was affected. Silmar Alech 15:16, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Me too. I was looking through old screen shots and I didn't realize the interface had changed so much Retro77 19:13, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
It will not let me sign in it says i dont have a valid email address. :(
- Then... make one. Also try to sign your comments with four tildes like this: ~ ~ ~ ~ But without the spaces. Aldarik 00:35, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
 Melandru's Stalker
the first pet is the stalker because when u talk to master ranger nente, he says to go capture it with charm animal. therefore, if you complete the quest, it is your first pet. Their first pet is usually the melandru stalker? Only in prophecies and even in prophecies it's usually a moa or something.. Why is that n ot there? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- This page is about Prophecies, and the addition of the pet allows more interesting links to be introduced rather poetically. G R E E N E R 07:47, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
 who was this ranger?
I seen her in the factions manuscript as well.
Any ideas? 22.214.171.124 21:19, 25 April 2011 (UTC) Yumiko Ishida (on college's IP)
 Post-Searing Missions
I have a question, if you're from a different campaign, such as Factions, and you travel to Tyria, and complete the first mission there...Do you still get the reward even though it is the first mission of a different campaign??? --126.96.36.199 18:01, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Here you go, Quoted from the mission page. (Non-Prophecies characters will not receive any reward for completing this mission on normal mode.) T1Cybernetic 18:48, 28 December 2011 (UTC)