Talk:Guild versus Guild
Wrong, in a tourney you can get a draw.. 26:00 minutes 22.214.171.124 01:59, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- What exactly is wrong? theres nothing on the page that says you can't get a draw Thehockeydude44 01:06, 17 January 2008 (UTC)
 Needs info..
..on scrimmages since it redirects here. I'm not the right person to write it though, or I would. — Galil 00:05, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
i think the text"waiting for worhy enemy" should be removed or the system should be changed by Anet.... its completely unfair. im in a rank 1000+ guild we did some gvg and had to fight a rank 600 guild(well we won^^) but after that we were still rank 1018 and we had to fight the rank 43 guild(we lost-.-). if anybody knows how the system exactly works i would be glad to see it in the article--126.96.36.199 20:52, 2 July 2008 (UTC)Hugo
- I only have a rough idea, but after a few minutes if you are not matched against a guild close in rating to your own the matchmaking system expands eligable rating gap. To prevent from being matched as a top 600 guild against a top 10 guild it is possible to cancel your automatic request and restart it every couple of minutes to prevent that behaviour. If I can find the specifics I'll add them to the article. --Draygo Korvan 21:37, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
 Guild Rating
Is it possible to have your guild rating reset? or does it stay there permantly? So if i really want to change the guild rating or reset it, i have to make a new guild? Or is there like a time thing, like if u don't do GvG for a moth, it'll reset back to (no-rating)
- Your guild rating doesn't reset. Basically, your choices are either to reform your guild or to improve over time. ceolstan 19:17, 2 August 2008 (UTC)
I won't edit it, because some wiki nazi will instantly reverse it no matter what I change, but the wording on this sentence "Do more damage to the enemy Guild Lord over the course of the match at the 28th minute." is fucking terrible. Someone sort that shit out --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:188.8.131.52 (talk).
- Someone's a bit over-sensitive. — Skakid 17:00, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
The new one is worse FYI
How about "Having the least damage dealt to your Guild Lord over the course of the match"?
 "Damage on GL"
I went and tested degen because no one I talked to specifically knew and there was no note about it. I assume life-steal won't count either, but I don't really want to go through another 28 min scrimm with a gimped bar just to test it, someone else want to do a retarded 1v1 scrimm with just lifestealing damage dealt to one lord and test, or can we just say degen and life stealing don't count and be unthorough? Misery 21:18, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
What The Hell...there was a strange build that can spike the Guild Lord in a second with using Insidious Parasite, empathy,Spoil Victor and Spiteful Spirit Shadow shroud... All the foe (with pets) rush in and ball up the Guild Lord and he use Cyclone Axe and dead... So this is what Arena Net wants right? How To Play Pvp
- Please sign your comments...now that's out of the way. Take a look at this. The video shows a record of 56 seconds on a GvG. Send low level pets and hex the guildlord(with the right hexes of course), once the guildlord is surrounded by pets he will trigger his axe attacks and he will kill himself. I always doubt it, Izzy's ability to actually "balance" something but this is just too unlikely for someone that has been working almost 3 years on this.--ShadowFog 16:00, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
- Firstly, he did sign his comment, he just didn't timestamp it. Now that's out of the way, I've seen 43 seconds and you don't use low level pets, you want max level, preferably hearty pets because you don't want them to die, this is not IWAY. Misery 07:51, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
 Scrimmage Faction.....
Is is possible to gain Balthazar faction in any way during a scrimmage match? Just wondering....--Crazyejackson715 19:47, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- No, if it were you would just go in and resign/whatever over and over with a friend to farm faction. Misery 21:42, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
 heroes in scrimmies
hey, could you guys please allow heroes into gvg scrimmies.. cause I love playing 4on4's with my friends but now with the new restriction we have to use henchies :( 184.108.40.206 04:25, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Joe says he's already working on it, but it will take some time. Also, this is the talk page for the article, not the suggestion page. –Jette 04:28, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
I know wiki isnt meant to keep up with meta's in a global article like this one, but honestly, "strong solo characters (warriors with Healing Signet,..)" ? ena. 12:14, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
 "tie breaker"
According to the article, the agressiveness determines the winner. But, what if the teams had both scored equally? More likely, what if they were so evenly matched, neither team could make it to the other's guild lord? You should have more info on that subject.--Bold Baby Undies 23:50, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- Aside from both teams downing the opposing lord within instants of eachother, which does cause the match to end as a draw (both teams die, neither guild's rating is affected), I'm not sure whether miraculously having the exact same level of aggressiveness (or identical lack thereof) at 28 minutes has the same effect. I'm certain this could be tested, mind. Scrimming with both parties using mirror copies of a particular direct damage spell or candy cane weapons and count out an identical number of hits, then wait till 28 and see what happens. I predict both scenarios will also end up using the draw mechanism. ena. 00:15, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, thats strange about the rating, because the elo rating system has a way to deal with draws, but I thought it would be something like that.--Bold Baby Undies 23:26, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- Someone should put that on the page.--Bold Baby Undies 23:27, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- I drew the other day on the exact same amout of damage (was funny coz 6v6 mid and one team split ranger and one team split ele) both teams died, not sure about the rating change (i was guested).--Silven 09:49, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
- The outcome is the same as for simultaneous lord death. Misery 13:59, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
 I fully support this message.
- Lets start a petition to improve pvp?02:38, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- You totally missed the point of the article didn't you? Read it again this time slowly.--The Emmisary 17:17, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
A Lot of the info on this page is hella out of date and makes references to aspects of GvG that have been outdated since 2006. If no one object I'm going to do some cleaning up.--TahiriVeila 14:53, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
There used to be a restriction that a user had to be in a guild for 2 weeks or more to participate in a GvG match. I didn't see this in the article but knowing me, I could have easily overlooked. Does this rule still apply? -- Magic Talk 17:42, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not entirely sure, but a one week requirement is noted at Automated tournament#Participant requirements. --Silver Edge 02:06, 17 December 2011 (UTC)
 2 minute Resurrection
I was watching a GvG match today and I noticed that not all got resurrected on the 2 minute mark. As far as I know they weren't killed on that mark - they were already dead before the 2 minute point. Is there some new change to the mechanics or a bug? 220.127.116.11 16:26, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
- Anyone with 60% death penalty doesn't get resurrected by the timer. That's one of the victory methods - killing the enemy to get them all down to 60%, while denying them morale boosts at stand. It's worked this way since launch. -Auron 03:34, 16 January 2013 (UTC)