REAL good synergy with Eternal Aura, instant recharges all your enchantments. And with high enough Mysticisme you should be able to reuse all enchants (in other words, cant you use those combined to make REAL fast REAL high damage spikes.Niccy 22:41, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
very poorly used and underused skill. If you use this with mirage cloak(you should) and enough enchants to hit max damage..this will do more damage than shockwave (math below), and it is usually accompanied by conditions/degen upon ending. I may be wrong, but im pretty sure mystic sandstorm can have the highest aoe burst damage of any spell in the game (not counting spells that do aoe dmg over time). And it has a faster recharge than aftershock and many similar aoe's. Just need to learn how to use it properly.
shockwave at 16 earth magic - 189 dmg to adjacent. (varying damage levels to different pbaoe ranges)
shockwave at 18 earth magic (for people with glyph) - 207 adjacent dmg.
a fully charged mystic sandstorm with mirage cloak at 16 earth prayers - 209 nearby dmg. (205 at the more usable 15 earth prayers)
Only thing i can think of that comes close is double dropping grasping was kuurong, cruel was daoshen or destr was glaive, but those often require 2 sec or so for a proper double drop.
Hope this info may have enlightened some people lol --Celtus 03:50, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Except that you forgot the part where damage tops out at 130 as per the skill description.--Icefalc0n 12:09, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Except that i mentioned you would use mirage cloak as one of the enchants..making it the strongest damage from a single spell (although i went back and decided phoenix is a bit stronger, but different). now youre probably going to say, well if youre using 2+ spells to make it this strong, it probably isnt very strong at all...the point is, it is a very good spike skill, and in pvp spike skills are king. --Zurvan 12:25, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
refuse to use this skill... 126.96.36.199 20:20, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Confirmed. 188.8.131.52 17:46, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
- Confirmed again. lol... Many of the dervish skills from the update dont get used by heroes at all.. 184.108.40.206 19:45, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
- I took MoX into Isle of the Nameless with 12 in Earth and only this skill active. It built up adrenaline quickly, but never activated the skill. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 19:40, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
- And, for good measure, I made sure MOX had several enchantments up (since previous functionality depended on losing them). Still didn't use the skill. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 19:50, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
- I put it on Anton and he uses it just fine. What I want to know if it's armor-ignoring damage.
- Ah cool. wonder what update made them start using the skill again? I never saw it mentioned.220.127.116.11 14:07, 2 June 2011 (UTC)