I was hoping for a cool Monk hero not some dull looking Dwarf. Dancing Gnome 20:15, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Still looks better than Dunkoro. - HeWhoIsPale 17:32, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Yay. Another feature of GW:EN: even _shorter_ monks >.> Buttermilk 21:41, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- By the gods, Jora could make Pancakes out of both Odgen and Vekk. mmm...asura pancakes.... 05:10, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
- Aye, that quote can be dedicated to Our dear friend who started the far too long quest arc into Iron Horse Mine. Also, Malinon's Skull Chrusher. Malinon was an SF boss? Calor 21:02, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
 Origin of his name?
Did his name come from the Wayfarer Redemption series? There was a character named Ogden there as well.
- There's a tavern keeper in Diablo I named Ogden... :D --18.104.22.168 15:34, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- I believe it is also a city in Utah lol Valion Sentis 02:02, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
 Default Skillbar
I s*** you not, I was just in the Far Shiverpeaks with a ranger who had about 4-7 points in ALL his attributes, and even better, he hadn't altered Ogden at all. For a while there I was wondering why we were wiping so damn often. So, yeah. Ogden's default bar sucks tremendously, and I was unfortunate enough to actually test this XD KrelusDerian 19:41, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- True, but they're pretty limited since they can only give him core/EotN skills, since not everyone has every campaign. Firoas. 14:25, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
 Male or Female?
Are we so sure Ogden is a guy? During a CoF run, a 600 pinged that retribution was ogden and it came up saying "Ogden Stonehealer is maintaining Retribution on herself."
- "How do you know you haven't already met a female dwarf? Eh? Eh?". -- Gordon Ecker 05:26, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- It turns out that the message uses "himself" for male characters' heroes' maintained enchantments and "herself" for female characters' heroes' maintained enchantments, regardless of whether the heroes themselves are male or female. It's been reported at ArenaNet talk:Text bugs#User interface: Upkeep. -- Gordon Ecker 07:51, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe it was never a bug, and it will still say "her" after the "fix" :) Paddymew 14:42, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
 Oggy bugged? D:
I've noticed that alotta the time when im 600/smiting, or Deathleveling a pet, Oggy keeps going to use a spell, then mid cast, he'll stop, then cast again, then stop, then cast, all the way till he has 0 Energy.. but Dunkoro and Tahlkora do it fine, anyone else notice this? Aerie 12:25, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
what the hell is worng with him, today he ran across the area outside marhans and agroed liek 50 mursaart brings them to us disibeying flags and gets my survivor kiled, why does he do this is he retarded, its not the build dunkaroi uses it and does not do that crap why does he do this stuff--22.214.171.124 19:33, 12 October 2008 (UTC)tank3.0
- Ranting about it here won't help you because we're all just players. Try support. Hopefully, you took a screenshot. -- ab.er.rant 12:12, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
 "Ogden, like most non-human henchmen, does not use emotes."
Not True!!! He can bow. --Eevee 00:57, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
 Warrior monk?
Should it be noted under trivia that on the inside of the GW EotN box (the one that came out when it was first released) on the inside there is a picture of him wielding an axe while fighting with Gwen as opposed to a staff. Potential Lead that he might have almost been a warrior? Or is it another bad build just like the Prophecies box with a warrior using a bow having ele spells and just a horrible all around build. 126.96.36.199 01:19, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Seeing as he's wearing his brotherhood armor in the picture, and the fact that if you really want to, you can make him a 55 Mo/W with a longer enchant axe, no. I think it was highlighting the customization of heroes. Plus it looked cooler. :P--188.8.131.52 20:28, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- I'd agree, I think it's pretty clear that he's a "monk", and always has been. You can kit him out however you want (you can still give him an ax as a Mo/Me, if you really want). A "Trivia" note suggesting he's a warrior in any way just doesn't make any sense. He's a monk... --Mystisteel 20:32, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
 Give him daggers
He engages in epic dwarven backflips. He's pretty agile for a stumpy little guy. Firoas. 14:22, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hahaha, make shure to give him blades of steel for the epic backflip --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:184.108.40.206 (talk).
Shouldn't the quests section of the article read as:
- Depths of Tyria
- Hall of Monuments
Shouldn't ogden be made of stone too? all of the other dwarves are! The Holy Dragons 06:17, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- " <Party leader>: "Are you going to undergo the rite, Ogden?"
Ogden Stonehealer: "Not I. Those who undergo the rite are changed in both body AND mind.""
- His quote from the HotS cinematic. It was a choice that each dwarf could make. Others chose to stay normal as well, like High Priest Alkar and Kilroy Stonekin. --- Ness Hrin | 06:32, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
 HAI GUISE
If you attempt to kill the Rainbow Phoenix in EotN Ogden will heal it. Anomaly because hes an ally healing a foe?--220.127.116.11 21:36, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's an anomaly. Probably goes in the Hall of Monuments page though. --ஸ Kyoshi 22:04, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
 Unusual behavior
Today, I was trying to do Dunes of Despair in HM, bonus first then mission in a separate attempt. I had my three monks with me, with Dunk specced slightly more toward healing and Tahl slightly more toward prot (but both heal/prot), and Ogden toward smite-prot (think Reversal of Damage and Holy Wrath) and heal. I left Ogden and Tahl with the Ghostly Hero, then took everybody else to do bonus. I noticed Tahl and the Ghost dying unusally quickly, so I pulled up Ogden's panel. His energy was pretty much full, and he wouldn't cast even when I tried to force him to. This happened at least twice, once where he was on Guard and again on Avoid (oddly enough, he healed better on Guard ¬_¬). Does anyone know what the heck was going on? --18.104.22.168 19:53, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
- Heroes can only follow their programming, which is effective in many spots, but useless elsewhere. One example is that a hero set to avoid will not use Power Drain even if low on energy. The AI probably considers a lot of smite skills as damage-dealers and so won't use them when set to avoid. In Guard mode, the AI only starts to go after targets after foes are deep within the aggro circle (see: Hero behavior#Guard), which is probably too late for Tahl+Ghostly Hero.
- Also, the AI does a very poor job of keeping NPC allies alive without micromanagement. So, you might be better off bringing rit spirits or item skills; even if the AI fails to protect the Ghostly Hero, it will still act to protect itself and the GH will reap the benefits.
- I'm sure if you list T's and O's full skillbars here, other folks can offer specific ideas for what might work better. GL. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 20:16, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
- I've since managed to get it done, but 1. Tahl's was (is usually) something like Shielding Hands, Protective Spirit, Words of Comfort, Dwayna's Kiss, Shield of Absorption, Healing Burst, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Signet of Rejuvenation, and points split pretty evenly between Heal, Prot, and DF while 2. Ogden's was Healing Burst, Reversal of Damage, Holy Wrath, Castigation Signet (on Guard) or some heal I forgot (on Avoid), Words of Comfort, Dwayna's Kiss, Signet of Rejuvenation, Glyph of Lesser Energy, and points split pretty evenly between Heal, Smite, and DF. I can now see that the forced healing wouldn't work due to my being out of range and thus unable to really select Tahl or the Ghost (._.;), but I guess that "poor job of keeping NPC allies alive without micromanagement" would explain his "lol I have full energy but won't do anything" attitude. I guess I know now. Thank you. --22.214.171.124 18:17, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- For easier comparison:
 lord of the rings trivia
the trivia about the female dwarf is on there twice - is that needed? Getefix 07:45, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- I've removed one of them. --Silver Edge 08:53, 7 August 2012 (UTC)