Talk:Roll of Parchment
 Salvage research
Expert salvage research for Rolls of Parchment
|Wood Plank||3||Gordon Ecker 06:12, 5 July 2007 (UTC)|
 Parchment is not made of wood.
It is just scraped and limed animal skin, usually goat, sheep, or calf. A sort of wood-based paper can be made to resemble parchment by suitable chemical treatment, but it isn't parchment. Shrug. Cynique 15:53, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- "Prophecies and Factions artisans will craft one Roll of Parchment for 5 Wood Planks and 20 Gold."
- "Artisans will craft one Roll of Vellum for 5 Wood Planks, 5 Piles of Glittering Dust and 20 Gold. "
- I suppose you would prefer that Calissa Sedgwick offer Parchment and Vellum options in exchange for Charr Hide. (Still, it does seem like an oversight by ANet that both rare mats can be crafted from wood rather than Tanned Hide or available in exchange for some other animal-skin-sourced salvage item.) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 15:59, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I suppose it's fair that she doesn't, as Charr aren't goats, sheep, or calves... ;) But yes, it probably should have been Tanned Hide. As I said, shrug. Cynique 18:13, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
- Shrug or not, I think it's a relevant trivia note; usually, ANet's been pretty good about tying things to real-life (and/or fictional) counterparts (when there is one). (re: charr or not. Wikipedia says that vellum, i.e. high quality parchment, is sourced from any mammal.) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 18:20, 17 October 2011 (UTC)