- 1 Other Staves
- 2 Suntouched staff
- 3 Specifications
- 4 Staves vs Staffs
- 5 Bonus mission pack staffs
- 6 This "ancient" mysterious NPC-only staff
- 7 Perfect Staff?
- 8 Better Staff Skins?
- 9 Do Mods Act Independently?
- 10 including inscriptions, mods, etc..what gtes you more energy, a staff or wand/offhand?
- 11 Energy +3..30 ?
- 12 Missing deldrimor staff on this page
- 13 armor penetration?
- 14 Focus Item?
- I think it's safe to assume that all random attribute staves use the same attribute pool, as Ritualist attribute staves started dropping Prophecies once Factions was released. -- Gordon Ecker 23:27, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
saw one on guru: http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10237875 --Life Infusion «T» 20:55, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
|Accursed Staff||Curses (7-8)||Dark||10-11||18-20||Wood|
|Inscribed Staff||Domination Magic||Chaos||11||20||Wood|
|Amber Staff||random2||by attribute||11||20||Dust|
|Bo Staff||random2||by attribute||10||19||Wood|
|Cockatrice Staff||random2||by attribute||11||22|
Staves vs Staffs
The correct term is Staves for the plural of staff. Should this correct term be propagated throughout the wiki? I know it is correct on this page, but I was looking at collector staves for elementalists and found they used Staff. I figured we could have the discussion here instead of at each proffesions collector or staff page.
- Both are technically correct, but I agree that we should try to be consistent and not use both. Personally, I prefer staves, simply because that's what I first learned to be correct. :P - anja 14:29, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
The correct Modern English word is staffs because of the word's ending. When a word ends in -ff, you just add -s to create the plural. Some examples: mastiff/mastiffs, plaintiff/plaintiffs, riff/riffs, skiff/skiffs, tariff/tariffs, sheriff/sheriffs. Only words ending with a single -f convert the -f to a -v- and add -es. Examples: calf/calves, half/halves, wolf/wolves, shelf/shelves, sheaf/sheaves. There are exceptions in the -f set, but there are no exceptions in the -ff set. The whole "staves" phenomenon appears to come from the older (Old English) spelling of staff, which was staf. But we don't spell it that way anymore. Nor should we use its old plural form. I'm not going to change the page, but I know that it's wrong to spell it "staves." --188.8.131.52 02:53, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
- Which is why so many people do. 184.108.40.206 02:54, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
Bonus mission pack staffs
They should be added.
Is there a way to get a BMP staff onto a pvp character?Grim Judgment 20:01, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
This "ancient" mysterious NPC-only staff
I did never see a Skeleton Mesmer wearing this staff, but it just remembered me to mention it now, as i did it already see this weapon wielded by other NPCs, such as Deldrimor Dwarves in Grenth's Footprint and Dryders. It's a great skin imo, no idea why this doesn't drop as loot :( —ZerphaThe Improver 19:10, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- btw, a picture of Forgotten Arcanists also showed them wielding this staff, i suppose this had to be some sort of basic staff skin...but why is it not availalbe then? 0.ô —ZerphaThe Improver 19:15, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Uhm...the mentioned links lead to an ad site. Nice work guys.^^ Pudding 09:42, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Timestamp. Euphoracle 02:31, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
I'm wondering. What would be considered to be a perfect staff. I do not mean damage and req wise I mean with mods. Like where a 20/20 15^50 +30 sword is perfect. What would the modded staff equivalent? I'm wondering because I want to get a new divine favour staff. If you could give me some help i'd be much obliged. ty. Smashman2004 ∙ talk 00:36, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry for not responding sooner. Staffs don't have a "perfect" as much as martial weapons. Staffs can be spec'd for energy, health, HCT, HSR, etc. It kinda falls under the same question of "Staff vs wand+focus". It all depends on what you want to do. Sorry if that's a bit vague. --JonTheMon 17:29, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Late response, but... Staff mods really are for certain occasions. You couldn't really say a staff is 'perfect' because of the mods on it. You can go for mana, health, armor, HSR, HCT, etc. Staves are pretty versatile, though. You get the base +10 mana and HSR 20%. My mesmer hero has a staff that does 20% HSR, +15 mana, and +10 armor, with max damage for req 9 Illusion Magic. Different staff mods are good for different situations, classes, and builds. - Ara 220.127.116.11 21:07, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Better Staff Skins?
Anet really should make better skins for staves and wands. Caster weapons are boring compared to martial ones.Grim Judgment 19:55, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Do Mods Act Independently?
As is the case with a 40/40-wand/focus HCT/HSR setup where each 20% chance is independent of the other (see 40/40), do two mods of the same type on ONE weapon (the staff as opposed to 2 weapons wand/focus) also act as independent events or will they combine?
For example, if my staff has 20% HSR to all, then I put an inscription that also gives 10% HSR to all, will my final chance of at least one HSR be ...
independent: (.20-fast)*(.90-not) + (.80-not)*(.10-fast) + (.20-fast)*(.10-fast) = .28?
just the sum: .30?
Or a better example. I put an inscription on my staff that gives 20% HCT to attribute and a head that also gives 20% HCT to attribute, which is my final chance of at least one HCT of attribute?
independent: (.20-fast)*(.80-not) + (.80-not)*(.20-fast) + (.20-fast)*(.20-fast) = .36
just the sum: .40?
And a side question, what if I put an inscription that gives 20% HCT to attribute and a head that gives 10% HCT to all? Would those combine if casting a spell of given attribute?18.104.22.168 07:30, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
including inscriptions, mods, etc..what gtes you more energy, a staff or wand/offhand?
which does? 22.214.171.124 02:54, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Energy +3..30 ?
Is "Energy +3..30" a typo? I thought the most energy you could get from a staff (excluding mods) was +10? --Combatter 14:48, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure I'm right so I've edited the main page. --Combatter 16:09, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- What about those greens with +15? (Even though i know they are invisible insightfull mods,but i thoght ide mention it anyway)--Neil2250 16:13, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Missing deldrimor staff on this page
Missing deldrimor, but there is no prophecies section (though there is a universal section). --Life Infusion «T» 03:35, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
some guy showed me a blue r3 low damage air staff (the skin that has the tiny floating dot in the center of a square) that had a 10% chance of 10 armor penetration. ive never seen it before. is this a first?
Can I wear a focus item while wielding a staff? --126.96.36.199 00:39, 2 April 2012 (UTC)Recon Legend
- Yes and no. You can "hold" an off hand item while wielding a staff, but you won't get any of its effects.--Deus 01:49, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
Is that because a staff is two handed? ---188.8.131.52Recon Legend