Talk:Vow of Piety
Does this enchantment affect itself? Byakko 07:51, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
- Tested, it doesn't. Ratys 19:08, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
Why the word "lose" in the description? Does it mean an enchantment that ends prematurely? Does an enchantment that ends normally trigger the effect? --Doodle01 22:18, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
- no it just means you lose the effect of the enchantment, whether it's removed or naturally ...'lost'18.104.22.168 17:56, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Im having problems with this, I put this up and i put lyssas haste on, but when Lyssa ends(normally), Vow of piety doesnt renew. is there something im missing? does it have to be taken off manually?
"Lose" means expiration or explicit removal. 22.214.171.124 01:43, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
 gg monks
^- Wuhy 01:36, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
This stance actually renews itself if you use a skill that end enchantments. Like Signet of Pious Light or Twin Moon Sweep. --Johnny Rodrigues 02:04, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- nevermind they fixed the problem with the second update :) it works great now. They only have to fix the concise skill description. --Johnny Rodrigues 02:08, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Who needs Vampiric Spirit when you can have something this good?
Necro/Dervish? Hexor's Vigor = +8 regen, Vow of Piety = +2 regen with 3pts in Wind Prayers. Hexor's Vigor covers its own duration and causes Vow of Piety to renew. Necro/Dervish with +24AR and +10Regen!
Monk/Dervish? extra 24AR and regen. How to renew? Reversal of Fortune? Reversal of Damage for Smiters? RoJ monks just became harder to kill huh?
Interesting concept to nerf Protective Was Kaolai from 24AR to 10AR some months ago. Ohh, what do we have here? An almost perma +24AR and even more, the regen! --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- Armored Mending Stance isn't that great. And unlike PwK, it doesn't give you a free party heal. <>Sparky, the Tainted 15:54, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- a free party heal that costs 10 energay. lol - Wuhy 18:47, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
Vow of piety - does not seem balanced to me. IF you have enchant ending every <20 sec..then you will have a conviction-like stance that you can keep up indefinitely with 0 wind prayers, AND get +regen. Of course stance removal is more of a counter here than vs. conviction..but that still doesnt seem to justify how similar these skills are, yet superior this one is. --Zurvan 12:33, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
maybe, most derv enchant are 20 sec recharge, and seeing that dervishs can remove those enchantments themself at anytime can make this perma, or monks many quick recharge skills, but seeing as this doesn't block or prevent KD, then i don't see much use from them, but i have wrong before.--BobbyT 22:33, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- its just great. free +24 armor with no second spec. epic win for monks, they're going to tank better than any warrior now.
- well, the majority of derv enchants are less than 20 sec recharge...a few are exceptions. btw was referring to PVP when comparing this to conviction..of course conviction is better in PvE since the update.--Zurvan 04:26, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
At least it's 15 energy. still epic on ele's since they wont run out of energy.. or enchants. 188.8.131.52 22:28, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
 No offense, but...
Isn't using even shorter duration enchantments like Aura of Faith, Patient Spirits, Orders, removing Vital Boon, etc. are better options than using Armor of Sanctity (just asking at the person who changed the note)?--Dark Paladin X 16:15, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
- The change to the note sucks. change it back 184.108.40.206 05:25, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
Good for players in general, but this has made Margonite Reapers nearly impossible in HM if you don't have alot of (and I mean alot of) enchant removal skills. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- Hmm. I did notice that Grand Court of Sebelkeh was harder today than the last time I did it, a couple of months back.... -- Hong 17:19, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
It's a stance with long recharge, so use a stance ending skill, like Wild Blow, right after the Margonite Reaper sets the stance. Then follow-up with enchantment removal skills to nullify the AoE healing and damage skills.18.104.22.168 01:48, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- imo yh Lilondra 18:16, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
The Notes are incorrect in stating that Critical Defences will renew this skill, it does not. Nor does Critical Agility. 22.214.171.124 21:48, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Tested using Critical Agility, Critical Defenses and Lyssa's Aura. Vow of Piety did not renew itself. Changing back to previous note. Remiel 22:53, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- it does. Its just the skill functions very poorly when it comes to the new dervish update. When it renews itself it goes to the front of the list of your skills making it very easy to remove with the new tear down effect the dervish does so well now.--Yozuk 07:42, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
 Works with Teardown Builds
I just tested this skill with the Pious Teardown build.(http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:D/any_Pious_Teardowns). and it works just dandy! It renews itself when you teardown Pious Renewal, and then you reapply Pious Renewal to be torn down again. VoP gives you a constant +Armor, and +regen. The energy cost is somewhat prohibitive, but with the near constant donations of energy from PR, it does work. And works well. I recommend removing that incorrect note about it not working with teardown builds. Osman Digna 14:42, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, so it works with the teardown elite. any other teardown heavy builds? --JonTheMon 14:51, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. I suspect the OP of that comment was not experienced in the new Derv teardown use. (Nothing personal, nor an attack) But using VoP as a constant enchant, and having another enchant as a teardown, VoP functions very well. It is also used in the Derv Vaettir Farmer build with great efficiency.Osman Digna 15:11, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- At this point, the discussion is semi-moot, since the idea of using VoP in a teardown-heavy build is just reliant on the player keeping track of the enchant stack. --JonTheMon 14:00, 3 June 2011 (UTC)