Talk:Warrior Monument armor
Courtesy of Lady Raenef for the wiki page. ;)
...WTF? It's Primeval, Elite Templar and Elite Sunspear reskinned and combined. It has no cohesive aesthetic and just looks shite. Sirocco 04:12, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
Agreed, I don't like it much, if the skirt/shorts on the female were trousers more like elite sunspear I would consider buying it, but right now...no thanks. Thi is a real disappointment as the Vanguard are my favourite group and the armour the wear is awesome I was hoping for something with that feel to it :/Lyra Valo 13:53, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
I had some thoughts of buying it but it's doesn't seem right, the parts just don't fit each other (except from the helmet and chest pieces, good work there, but I bet that the helmet look like crap from behind just like the helmet of the Elite Templar Armor).
The Legs totaly kills if for me, its a 15k armor suit but the legs and the feet are remakes of 1.5k armor suits....
Anet (or who the hell is incharge of this stuff), if you're listening, please have a good looking Asuran Armor for my male warrior...please...please...please, that's my last hope.
- I think it looks great. Could have gone with 15k luxon from the waist down, but it looks fine for male otherwise. And all those above me who didn't, you can sign with four tildes (~) -- Arkhar 19:47, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah i like this too, looks cool imo. I'd get it if i had a warrior.Streetp 00:09, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
- Go make a freakin warrior then. It's too cool to pass up. -- Arkhar 02:32, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
Hmmm let's see, someone that doesn't got a warrior thinks that this armor looks good...well I don't realy care! if you had a warrior you would know that this armor will look aweful from behind. And for the other player, which I'm sure doesn't know a thing about elite warrior armors by is ignorant answer, I'll explain myself, the Chest piece is a remake of Elite Sunspear armor and the hands are a remake of Primeval Armor so if you try to combine this two pieces (that already dont go along with each other) with Elite Luxon Armor, The armor will be plain ugly.
- Just because I don't hate it doesn't make me ignorant. Anyone who's seen the picture knows it's a reskin. Also, it's 1.5k Luxon waist down, not ascended luxon. I like the way the parts go together and how the skin fits it. This doesn't warrant a slanderous personal attack. And sign your comments with 4 tildes (~) like so: -- Arkhar 01:37, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- It doesn't matter if you have different opinions, there's no reason to go into personal attacks. Please read GWW:NPA and consider that before posting your comments. - anja 08:28, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- I LOVE the armor... no idea what you're all complaining about. I'm sooooo getting this armor for my warrior(and I will proceed to murder anyone who changes it) Sure, the male is ugly... but so are all male warrior =/ Katzchen 22:57, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
I think this armor is special for the simple fact that the male's actually looks better than the females. I almost considered putting an anomaly tag on the page. - HeWhoIsPale 13:48, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think GW has EVER changed a released armor, so don't hold your breath... -- Arkhar 01:37, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- Just bought my (female) warrior this armor and It's everything I hoped for! very attractive set, and much more elegant than most warrior outfits. Looks amazing in white! Katzchen 06:21, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
I just recently got this armor for my female warrior and I really like it. I'm the type who will, on occasion, mix and match pieces from different sets if I find a way to make them work, and I think this set does work. For one, it's more plausable since the torso is actually, well, armored, but there were such things as plate skirts worn with boots. While the meshes the greaves and boots were based on don't "naturally" go with those of the chest, arms and helmet, Anet's design team modified them in such a way that they worked. Does it really matter if the things they're based on are worth more than others in their original forms? Anyhow, I'm happy with it, although I did keep my 15k ascalon helmet because I think the charr head looks the best out of all the warrior-specific headgears. :) --Skogul 01:58, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Just bought this armor recently, and initially had some mixed feelings about it. Once I got past the absence of leggings, I was ok with it. But then I dyed it with a golden mixture to get the spikes and flares to come out, and i'm appreciating it more.
i really like this. except the legs i think it works pretty good. but the whole bare legs thing kills it for me. can we like make the boots higher or something??? xD Briar 21:04, 13 February 2009 (UTC) briar
- The female set will clip with shields I assume? I know the male set will. But can someone tell me if theres a horrid clipping issue with the female gloves and a Darkwing defender please. :]-- Media Control talk 12:40, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
This armor is by far my favorite of them all, and i have many elite armors in my war(including the oh soo favorite kurz armor) and this dyed white looks beter than the kurz, yes u heard me BETER than anything else out there, if u like it just get it and you will just love it as soon as you wear it, dont listen to this noobs saying oh is ugly oh i dont like this oh i dont like that just by watching a small pic on wikki they have no idea wat they are talking abaut trust me. You must have it only then you can comment on this page. Itc true that the Boots cud have been beter but hey nothing is perfect in this world, including GW armors ;). (Coli) 14:00, 5 January 2012 (UTC)
 Looks like a Red Iris flower...
Look at the emblem beneath the warrior's chin...couldn't you argue that that is a Red Iris Flower? Taka Ragranok 20:53, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, yeah....but then just dye it yellow? =S--220.127.116.11 22:52, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- It would make sense if it were an Iris Flower. Gwen is (I think) a high-ranking Ebon Vanguard member, and this armor is made by the Ebon Vanguard, so... --Aldarik 02:35, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Excuse me whilst i clean the sick up from in between the keys on my keyboard.--18.104.22.168 15:24, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
Is it just me, or does the male look like a midget compared to the female? -- Lacky 14:37, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- It's been fixed now. 22.214.171.124 19:29, 17 June 2010 (UTC)