|Section||Southern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by|| Marshall Whitman |
in Sorrow's Furnace
(Click to enlarge)
Help Marshall Whitman confirm Tasca's demise.
 Quest information
- Find Tasca's axe.
- Find Tasca's compass.
- Find Tasca's map.
- Find Tasca's boots.
- Find Tasca's pack.
- See Marshall Whitman for your reward.
- 6,000 Experience
The items are easily located by simply following the quest marker, although you can probably save time by knowing where to go to minimize the distance traveled. Each item is found in a plain Chest that appears only after defeating an enemy group that "guards" it (it's the group that's targeted by the quest marker). Each enemy group consists of the same set of Stone Summit, as noted in the NPCs section below. These groups are relatively easy to defeat, just be careful of not getting entangled with more than one or two enemy groups, since their locations are usually filled with closely packed enemies. After retrieving the five items, head back to Marshall Whitman for your reward.
- Tasca's Axe - the platform overlooking the Stone Basilica.
- Tasca's Compass - near the southwestern corner, in Darkhaven.
- Tasca's Map - near a group of three Furnace Guardians guarding the entrance into the forge.
- Tasca's Boots - a bit east from Molachev, on the northeastern outskirts of Darkhaven.
- Tasca's Pack - at the bridge past Molenin, the bridge where Orozar Highstone runs to in Noble Intentions Plan B.
- Stone Summit
 Initial dialogue
- "I've heard rumors that Marshall Tasca is still alive. But I was with him on that day, and if he survived that fall, it'd be a miracle. In any case, my search for proof of his survival has led me here. If you find his accoutrements, I'll gladly reward you for them."
- Accept: "If Marshall Tasca is still alive, I'll find proof."
- Decline: "I think this is a task you must undertake on your own."
- Ask: "I had no choice, you know. It was either Tasca or me. I think you would have done the same thing given the circumstances. If he's still alive I MUST know. If you find any of his things, bring them to me."
 Reward dialogue
- "It must be as I feared. You've discovered far too many of his belongings scattered all over this godsforsaken place. If he were still alive, he'd be naked by now. Thank you for your help, but I will not stop looking until I find his body or my own demise brings an end to my search."