From Guild Wars Wiki
- "Catacombs" redirects here. For the dungeon, see Catacombs of Kathandrax.
|Exit(s)|| Ashford Abbey|
Green Hills County
Concept art by Daniel Dociu.
An underground chamber devoted to Grenth.
The inner Ritual Chamber.
The Catacombs as seen from Green Hills County.
Adventurers who do brave the poisonous water and the swarms of undead are treated to beautiful murals depicting the Gods of Tyria.
- Statue of Grenth
- In a recess just off the raised area where Paulus finds the artifact in A Monk's Mission.
- In the area behind Necromancer Munne where there is a large gathering of gargoyles.
 Quests available
- Necromancer Munne
- Oberan the Reviled
Humans (Ascalon Army)
- 1 Restless Corpse
- 3 Raging Cadaver
- 8, 11, 15 Undead Illusionist (during Save the Ascalonian Noble & Vanguard Annihilation: Undead)
- 8, 11, 15 Restless Corpse (during Save the Ascalonian Noble & Vanguard Annihilation: Undead)
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Ascalonian Catacombs.|
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Collector Karleen has the upgrade Krytan armor foot gear for all professions in pre-searing.
- Under the bridge near Karleen, close to the Green Hills County portal, there is a big skeleton that seems to be the one of a dragon.
- The catacombs are a great place for Smiting Monks to quickly gain skill levels - luring all of the creatures into one small area before unleashing Symbol of Wrath is particularly effective.
- While navigating the passageway towards Oberan the Reviled (usually during the quest Charr in the Catacombs), if you have the Bonus Pack Fire Imp active, it can get caught trying to attack the monsters in the other passageway. The three ways to avoid this is (1) to stick to the right hand side of the passageway you are in, (2) to go down the other passageway before-hand and clear them out first, and (3) to use a non-projectile spell to clear out the monsters in the passageway through the wall.
- Near the exit into Ashford Abbey, there are three broken staircases leading down to the resurrection shrine. The gap between the middle staircase and the right-hand side one (when looking down), despite being nearly vertical, can be freely walked down and up.
- The background music is "Ascension Song" from the Guild Wars: Prophecies soundtrack. There's another background music that can be heard. This one, however is a hidden track that can only be heard in-game.
|Explorable areas in pre-Searing Ascalon|
|Green Hills County • Lakeside County • Regent Valley • The Catacombs • The Northlands • Wizard's Folly|
|Towns and outposts • Landmarks|