The Necromancer's Path
|The Necromancer's Path|
|Section||Crystal Desert Quests|
|Given by|| Zratha Kor |
in Heroes' Audience
|Preceded by||Augury Rock|
(Click to enlarge)
Upon completion of this quest, you'll be allowed to become a secondary Necromancer.
 Quest information
- Go to the Prophet's Path and slay the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon.
- Return to Zratha Kor for your reward.
It's much quicker to leave from Augury Rock to complete this quest.
Head west from Augury Rock, veering south. You'll encounter some Rockshot Devourers, some Scarabs, and a small handful of Minotaurs along the way. Take the groups one at a time, and you shouldn't have too much trouble. The Devourers will probably lay a few traps down before you can engage them, so you should be prepared to deal with Conditions like blindness and burning.
Continue heading southeast. You'll encounter more Devourers and Scarabs. Kepkhet Marrowfeast will also be there, along with a rather large group of Scarabs. Avoid them and continue southeast. The Sacred Griffon of Amnoon will be surrounded by a small group of Desert Griffons. Take out the Sacred Griffon first as it is a Monk, followed by the Desert Griffons.
When you're done, return to Heroes' Audience and speak with Zratha Kor to accept your quest reward. You'll be able to take Necromancer as a secondary profession.
- 25 (30) Sacred Griffon of Amnoon
- 21 (26) Desert Griffon (Four of them appear with the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon)
 Initial dialogue
- Zratha Kor
Tell me, have you ever felt the call of Grenth within your heart? The ignorant view necromancy and our cold god as tainted by evil. It is nothing of the sort. Grenth invites you to cast aside all the illusions of this world and judge things truly as they are.
It is not too late for you to take this path, <Player name>. Go into the Prophet's Path and slay the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon, a creature once worshiped by the people of the desert. This will show me that you are not deceived by the gilded trappings of false sanctity that beguile so many.
- Accept: "I'll slay the beast."
- Decline: "You disgust me!"
- Ask: "Having second thoughts? Concerned that it may be sacrilegious to strike down this so-called Sacred Griffon of Amnoon? This is how the mortal powers seek to usurp your will and make you shirk from what must be done. Grenth is the ultimate judge of what is right and wrong, and through me, he has decided to test your will."
- Go now. You will find the beast in the region known as Prophet's Path.
 Reward dialogue
- Zratha Kor
When I heard the death-cry of the Sacred Griffon, I felt a chill. You have done well, <Player name>. Grenth spoke truly when he told me you held within your heart the potential to be a Necromancer.
- You can kill some minotaurs on your way to the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon, which helps you complete the quest Ghostly Vengeance.