The Nightman Cometh
|The Nightman Cometh|
|Section||The Underworld Quests|
|Given by|| King Frozenwind |
in Hall of Judgment
|Preceded by||All other Underworld quests|
 Quest information
- Engage Dhuum in the Hall of Judgment. Your entire party must enter the hall.
- Protect the Reapers while they channel all their energy into Dhuum's Rest, a powerful enchantment developed to force Dhuum into dormancy. At least one Reaper must survive. There are 7..1 Reapers still standing.
- Lay Dhuum low so the Reapers' magic can force Dhuum into dormancy.
- See King Frozenwind for your reward.
- 15,000 Experience
- 1,000 gold
- The Arena
While facing Dhuum, if you die or your death penalty hits 60%, you will be moved next to Mayor Alegheri in the Forgotten Vale and turned into Spirit Form. Players must talk to the Mayor to return to the battle; heroes are returned automatically. Consumables that remove death penalty or grant a Morale Boost can prevent this.
Death in Spirit Form is supposed to be permanent, since the Curse of Dhuum prevents the use of resurrection skills during this battle. But resurrection scrolls and "By Ural's Hammer!" still work, as does pre-casting delayed resurrection skills like Unyielding Aura before entering the room.
- The Fight
There are two goals in this battle. One is to fill the Dhuum's Rest bar, which is achieved gradually with the skill Dhuum's Rest used by the Reapers and by players in Spirit Form. The other is to damage Dhuum directly, bringing him below 25% health. When both goals are met, the fight is over and you can collect the reward from King Frozenwind.
Throughout the battle, make sure to kill all of the Minions of Dhuum and Champions of Dhuum that Dhuum periodically summons; if you don't kill them, they'll swarm your team. Because of the amount of skeletons and the easiness of killing them, Edge of Extinction is a good tool for keeping their numbers down. Avoid using the spirit form skill Encase Skeletal, since it prevents the target from taking damage; as more and more come it gets harder to keep them all in check and easier for them to swarm.
- 28 Reaper of the Bone Pits
- 28 Reaper of the Chaos Planes
- 28 Reaper of the Forgotten Vale
- 28 Reaper of the Ice Wastes
- 28 Reaper of the Labyrinth
- 28 Reaper of the Twin Serpent Mountains
- 30 (32) Dhuum
 Initial dialogue
- King Frozenwind
- "The moment we have long dreaded has arrived! Dhuum is breaking free from the Hall of Judgment! Should he seize control of the Underworld, Dhuum's reign will be brutal and uncompromising, for he is the Final Death, and he does not tolerate resurrections or the undead. There is still one slim hope, a shadow of a chance to hinder Dhuum's return. Grenth's seven faithful Reapers will channel their energy in an attempt to force Dhuum back into dormancy. But the Ender of All is a powerful adversary, and the Reapers cannot face him alone. Protect the Reapers while they perform their grim task. At least one of the seven Reapers must survive to seal Dhuum within the Hall of Judgment."
- "Should you perish in this conflict with Dhuum, do not despair, for your spirit may still contribute to the battle. Mayor Alegheri can speed your spirit's return to the Hall of Judgment, where you may rejoin the fray and assist the Reapers."
- "The fate of the Underworld depends upon your success! Now you must face Dhuum. I will be here...if you return."
 Intermediate dialogue
Upon entering the Hall of Judgment.
- Dhuum: "ONCE AGAIN,DHUUM WILL WALK THE UNDERWORLD!"
When Dhuum goes down to 90% health.
- Dhuum: "DHUUM LAUGHS AT YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS TO HARM HIM, HA HA!"
When Dhuum goes down to 75% health.
- Dhuum: "YOU STILL BELIEVE YOU CAN DEFEAT DHUUM? HOW SAD FOR YOU!"
When Dhuum goes down to 50% health.
- Dhuum: "DHUUM'S IRRITATION GROWS!"
When Dhuum goes down to 25% health.
- Dhuum: "YOU...CAN'T..KILL.DEATH. THIS...IS NOT...OVER!"
- Dhuum: "DHUUM...WILL NOT...FALL! DEATH..CANNOT..DIE!"
Throughout the battle.
- Dhuum: "WITH EVERY DEATH, DHUUM GROWS STRONGER!"
- Dhuum: "HOW CAN YOU HOPE TO VANQUISH DEATH ITSELF?"
- Dhuum: "PATHETIC MORTAL! THE VOID BECKONS!"
 Reward Dialogue
- King Frozenwind
- "The Hall of Judgment is quiet once again. The threat of Dhuum has subsided. Hail to you, mighty heroes of the mortal realm! We servants of Grenth offer our immortal gratitude. My respect is well deserved, as is this token of material wealth that I know the living value so highly. Take it with my thanks and praise."
- The name owes its origin to The Nightman Cometh, an episode of the comedy show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.