The Titan Source
|The Titan Source|
|Given by|| Vision of Glint |
in Droknar's Forge
|Preceded by|| Defend Denravi,|
Defend North Kryta Province,
and The Last Day Dawns
The Titan bosses' location
Alternative route with a closer resurrection shrine
 Quest information
- Travel to Grendich Courthouse and speak with Warmaster Labofski to learn how you can help defend against the Titan threat.
- Travel to the northwest region of Dragon's Gullet and kill the 3 Titan bosses.
- Return to Vision of Glint for your reward.
- 50,000 Experience
The best strategy is to start out at Grendich Courthouse and travel to Flame Temple Corridor, killing any bosses encountered along the way for extra morale. In Flame Temple, you will encounter the Charr Lords. Pull them away from the patrols and take them on one group at a time, then continue on to the Dragon's Gullet.
Consider maxing out your morale before venturing into the lake itself.
Enter the lake from the southeastern shore, northwest of the resurrection shrine that makes for a convenient restart spot should you wipe while fighting the Titan Lords. A pair of Hand and Fist of the Titans will pop out of the tar to greet you.
After you deal with the popups, you need to take out a number of titan patrols that circle the bosses. The patrols are made up of more Hands and Fists, and also Sparks of the Titans and Risen Ashen Hulks; the sparks should be your priority target as they are capable of some extremely lethal Fire Magic. The Risen Hulks are the least dangerous, and should be left for last as they split into another pair of Hand and Fist when they die.
A second group of pop-up warrior titans will greet you in the southwest corner of the lake.
After the lake has been cleared of patrols, it is time to complete the main objective. In the center of the lake are three Titan bosses: the Titan Lords you were sent here to dispatch. Among their ranks is a small group of Charr Lords. A good tactic is to kill the Charr Lords first then go for the Titans.
 Skill recommendations
- A solid tank who can rush in and keep the bosses focused on him is an excellent complement to an Elementalist with Maelstrom who can render the Mesmer and Necromancer bosses useless for about 30 seconds (10 seconds of interruptions plus more time as their skills recharge).
- Titans are very resistant to physical damage, but less so to elemental damage - especially cold damage.
- An interrupt Mesmer can help here by shutting down the Necromancer boss and prevent him from casting Malaise.
- A good way to break the anti-caster combination is to kill the Mesmer boss before the others.
Titans (arranged in spawning pattern order)
- 24, 28 (26, 30) Risen Ashen Hulk
- 28 (30) Spark of the Titans
- 8 (23) Charr Axe Fiend
- 24 (26) Charr Axe Lord
- 8 (23) Charr Blade Storm
- 6 (23) Charr Blade Warrior
- 8 (23) Charr Hunter
- 24 (26) Charr Stalker Lord
- 5 (23) Charr Martyr
- 24 (26) Charr Shaman Lord
- 8 (23) Charr Ashen Claw
- 24 (26) Charr Ashen Lord
- 8 (23) Charr Chaot
- 24 (26) Charr Mind Lord
- 24 (26) Charr Flame Lord
- 8 (23) Charr Flame Wielder
- 26 Phlog the Indomitable → Eviscerate
- 26 Staggh the Fervid → Greater Conflagration
- 26 Lugg the Malignant → Life Transfer
- 26 Druul the Untamed → Energy Drain
- 26 Singe the Malevolent
 Initial dialogue
- Vision of Glint
- "Even with the Door of Komalie closed, the Titans still plague the people of Tyria. The source of their renewed strength is somewhere north of the Wall in Ascalon. After the work you did protecting the cities of Tyria, I believe you are most capable of completing this task and ending the Titan threat. Warmaster Labofski has sent scouts into the northlands to identify the Titan's source of power. Travel to Grendich Courthouse and speak with him."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Warmaster Labofski
- "Thank you for coming. I have sent scouts out past the Flame Temple Corridor into Dragon's Gullet. Charr chieftains have been worshiping a number of burning godlike creatures and are rallying a Charr warband. My scouts are unsettled by the appearance of these creatures alone. I trust that you have confronted worse on your travels and that you are worthy enough to purge the region of this massive Charr gathering."
 Reward dialogue
- Vision of Glint
- The Titans no longer threaten the good people of Tyria.