- This article is about the version of the Underworld accessed through Heroes' Ascent. For other versions of the Underworld, see the Underworld (disambiguation).
The Underworld is the first actual PvP map players will encounter when entering Heroes' Ascent. In the GW universe, it is located somewhere in The Underworld, which is located in The Mists.
- The objective of The Underworld is to annihilate the opposing team. It is the only straight-annihilation match in Heroes' Ascent - no priests, no altars.
- Killing an enemy Ghostly Hero gives your team a 10% morale boost.
 Map Layout
The Underworld consists of two areas in front of each team's base. In the middle is a walkway with a ramp on each side and a bridge leading to the far edge of the map. Under the bridge is a small corridor connecting the two areas.
- 1 Fame towards the Hero Title Track. Further maps may award more fame.
- 200 Balthazar Faction and an extra 200 for a Flawless Victory. Further maps award more faction.
- The next map after The Underworld is Fetid River, although it can be skipped.
Overhead View (click to enlarge)
- An update (exact date not known) modified the Heroes' Ascent matching code so that every team must travel to The Underworld before skipping maps. Therefore, it is no longer possible to skip from The Zaishen to other Heroes' Ascent maps.
Due to clipping errors on the bridges on this map, it is possible to move to a position along the wall of a bridge where one cannot be hit by attacks. Players at this location may still be hit if attacked by another player below the bridge.