Tower of Strength
- This article is about the quest. For the landmark, see Tower of Strength (landmark).
|Tower of Strength|
|Section||Fissure of Woe Quests|
|Given by|| Eternal Lord Taeres |
in Temple of War
(Fissure of Woe)
|Preceded by||Defend the Temple of War|
Liberate the Tower of Strength from the forces of Menzies.
- Clear the path to the Tower of Strength. You have 5...0 Shadow Patrols left.
- Enter the Tower of Strength and destroy the Shadow Lord.
- Return to Eternal Lord Taeres for your reward.
- 10,000 Experience
Exit the forge to the south and keep to the left. You will find several strong patrols of Shadow Army creatures and a lot of hidden Shadow Beasts on your way, so advance carefully. The Shadow Patrols that have to be killed are five single beasts similar to Abyssals, however, they are accompanied by large numbers of other nightmares and some Infernal Wurms.
When the Tower of Strength comes into sight, keep close to the right wall and always fight only one group at a time. With careful luring you can use the geography of this place to your advantage: There is a path leading down towards the tower with a ridge at its side. Spellcasters and Rangers should stay on that ridge and Warriors should lure the opponents to the place directly below the ridge. If done right this will keep the fragile party members out of harm's reach (at least from the powerful melee attacks of the Abyssals) but still enable them to participate in the fight.
After the way to the tower is cleared you will have to send one of your party members back to the forge to fetch the Tower Mage, he will not start moving until a player comes within radar range of him.
When coming close to the gate, he will open it. The Shadow Lord that will then spawn all alone inside the tower and shouldn't pose any threat whatsoever.
- 24 Tower Mage
 Initial dialogue
- Eternal Lord Taeres
- The time has come to deal a crushing blow to the forces of Menzies. The heart of their command lies sealed within the Tower of Strength. If you can destroy the Shadow Patrols guarding the path, I will send Eternal Sigil Mages to force open the tower gates, thus opening the way for you to charge inside and strike down the Shadow Lord. Should you succeed, our victory this day shall be assured."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Tower Mage: "Now, we shall open the gate."
- Tower Mage: "Hear us, O Tower of Strength. We have come to challenge the false master of this place."
- Tower Mage: "Shelter not the weak behind thy walls."
- Tower Mage: "In Balthazar's name, we command you: Open the gate!"
 Reward dialogue
- Eternal Lord Taeres
- "Glory be to Balthazar and those who heed his call! With the Shadow Lord destroyed, the cowardly forces of Menzies know now that their doom is nigh."
- Unlike other essential quest NPCs, the tower mage will not be attacked and thus does not need to be defended.