Unwaking Waters (explorable area)
From Guild Wars Wiki
- This article is about the explorable area. For other uses, see Unwaking Waters (disambiguation).
|Region||The Jade Sea|
|Exit(s)|| Harvest Temple|
Unwaking Waters (Kurzick)
Unwaking Waters (Luxon)
 Getting there
The only way to enter this area is to exit from Harvest Temple.
- Harvest Temple (center)
- Unwaking Waters (Kurzick) (west, talk to Gatekeeper Dedrick)
- Unwaking Waters (Luxon) (east, talk to Hylas)
- Resurrection shrines with bounties
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- Just south of the Harvest Temple (if controlled by the Luxons)
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Champion of Balthazar
- Center, just south of the Harvest Temple (Kurzick or Luxon)
 Faction allies
- 20 Kurzick Guards or 20 Luxon Guards
- 20 Kurzick Merchants or 20 Luxon Merchants
- 20 Kurzick Priests or 20 Luxon Priests
 Charmable animals
- 28 (30) Oni
- 24 (26) Saltspray Dragon
- 22 (26) Creeping Carp
- 22 (26) Outcast Warrior
- 21 (26) Outcast Deathhand
- 22 (26) Outcast Assassin
- 23 (26) Outcast Ritualist
- 24 (26) Kraken Spawn
- 28 (30) Merki The Reaver → "Charge!" (Merki's Gaze)
- 28 (30) Cultist Rajazan → Cultist's Fervor (Rajazan's Fervor)
- 24 (30) Chazek Plague Herder → Psychic Instability
- If every character in the party has completed Befriending the Luxons, Hylas will grant the group access to the Unwaking Waters Luxon mission outpost, and you will be able to explore the Luxon side without finishing the Gyala Hatchery mission.
- Similarly, if all characters in the party have completed Befriending the Kurzicks, talking to Gatekeeper Dedrick will give you similar access to the Unwaking Waters Kurzick mission outpost, and you can explore the Kurzick side without finishing the Eternal Grove mission.
- Be careful when fighting the Shiro'ken on the way down from Harvest Temple if your faction does not control the single resurrection shrine in the zone: if your party wipes, you will be returned to the outpost, since there is no place for you to resurrect.
- If you are cartographing the area, you will need to bring a shadow step skill to gain access to the south-western part of the area. You will have to use it on a Reef Lurker located near the shipwreck that is blocking your path.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests requires defeating around 140 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 110 to 158.
- There are a few hidden pairs of Oni.
- The shipwrecks or ruined buildings sometimes hide several Outcast Assassins.
- You can gain up to 12,000 points of Luxon faction here, ⅔ of which comes from vanquishing, the rest from taking the Luxon bounty); highly efficient teams can do this in about 15 minutes (although most groups will need around 30 minutes).
- Additional foes during Outcasts in the Quarry, which can interfere with vanquishing (see the following bug note).
|Explorable areas in the Jade Sea|
|Archipelagos • Boreas Seabed • Maishang Hills • Mount Qinkai • Gyala Hatchery • Rhea's Crater • Silent Surf • Unwaking Waters|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|