User:Raine Valen/Musings/Lyssa's Court
 Lyssa's Court
All mobs are level 20 in Normal Mode unless otherwise noted.
There are a total of 11 quests:
 Quest 1: To Please the Court
- As honored guests, your failure to attend the coronation would be seen as an insult to the new self-appointed Lord of Chaos. Show up, and do it on time.
- It looks like the guards didn't get the note that you would be attending. You have no time to waste; make your way around, through, or over them.
- Present your offering to the Chaos Lord.
This quest is given automatically upon entrance to the Court.
To complete it, you may either (1) kill the mobs (Physical Pressure group) at the main entrance or (2) sneak in through a hidden side entrance. The quest is completed when you arrive in the throne room and take a place near the throne.
The party will watch as other attendees present their gifts to the King. When the player's turn to present a gift comes up, they will, of course, find that they do not have a gift. Some lesser members of the court (Discord Spike group) will pull the players to the side to counsel them. Thus begins the second quest:
 Quest 2: A Gift for the King
- How could you not bring a gift?! These trinkets and candies and whatnot will do for now, but you WILL return with a more suitable offering, or one will be made of your heads! Which will it be?!
- "Wasn't there a gift shop on the way in?"
- "I think your head would make a better gift!"
At the initial dialog, all consumables are removed from party members' inventories, all consumable effects on the party are removed, and any items on the ground are destroyed.
Depending on the party leader's choice, players will either roam about in search of a suitable gift (though there are many items that may be presented, none of them will be considered "suitable") or the enemy group (Discord Spike) will become hostile.
 Quest 3: The Blood-Red Carpet
 Quest 4: An Act of Diplomacy
 Quest 5: Royal Assassination
 Quest 6: Flee the Scene
gtfo the castle without being killed by a random assortment of random mobs and find Lyssa's supporters outside of the grounds. These supporters are plotting to reinstall Lyssa onto the throne, and you will help them do this. Their plans entail crafting some new gear for themselves and the party, which will give them some previously-unhad advantage over the new Chaos Lord. This will require some rare material which the party will be able to find in The Dragon's Horde, a trove of loot stolen over the ages.
Unfortunately, you've got some immediate concerns: there are groups of Khezse supporters approaching the rebel camp.
 Quest 7: Black Knights
Wave after wave of ridiculously powerful dervishes &co (Derv Smite group) will approach the party.
This quest is straightforward, and ends when the groups have been defeated, at which point the Lyssa supporters will expound on what you must do for the next quest:
 Quest 8: The Dragon's Horde
The main goal of this quest is to steal certain items from the Dragon Assassin's chamber. This will, ultimately, involve killing him.
The first thing that goes wrong is the group of raiders (Sway group) already intent on plundering the treasure cache. You get the pleasure of dealing with a 10-man Sway. After not dying horribly, the party may proceed into the treasure room, where they will pick up some of the materials that they need and consequently be confronted by Kazenji.
Kazenji says some stuff briefly, then goes hostile. If the party is unprepared, they will most certainly die. Barring that, they will take their plundered materials back to Lyssa's supporters, where the next quest begins.
 Quest 9: The Arms Race
 Quest 10: Castle Under Siege
This quest entails carving through walls of foes to make your way into the throne room.
It will be very hard.
Upon reaching the throne room, and defeating all other foes, you will be confronted by Khezse's inner circle (Elite Balanced Group). This quest ends on their defeat, where Khesze will be the only foe left standing.
 Quest 11: Usurping the Throne
This is the big one. Your party v Khezse, the mother of all imba mesmers.
 Group 1: Discord Spike
 Chaotic Jester:
- Attributes: 15 Domination Magic, 11 Fast Casting, 8 Restoration Magic
 Chaotic Count:
- Attributes: 16 Death Magic, 10 Restoration Magic, 9 Soul Reaping, 8 Curses
 Chaotic Defender:
- Attributes: 15 Spawning Power, 16 Communing, 3 Inspiration Magic
 Chaotic Cleric:
- Attributes: 16 Healing Prayers, 11 Inspiration Magic, 6 Divine Favor
Spawns as follows:
- 1 Me/Rt Jester
- 4 N/Rt Count
- 1 Rt/Me Defender
- 2 Mo/Me Cleric
 Group 2: Physical Pressure
 Chaotic Knight:
- 16 Swordsmanship, 15 Strength
 Chaotic Archer:
- 16 Marksmanship, 15 Expertise, 3 Restoration Magic
 Chaotic Cultist:
- 15 Curses, 12 Blood Magic, 10 Soul Reaping
 Chaotic Weaponmaster:
- 16 channeling Magic, 12 Channeling Magic, 9 Spawning Power
 Chaotic Witchdoctor:
- 12 Restoration Magic, 16 Energy Storage
Spawns as follows:
- 2 W/D Knight
- 2 R/Rt Archer
- 1 N/Mo Cultist
- 1 Rt/R Weaponmaster
- 2 E/Rt Witchdoctor
 Group 3: Derv Smite
 Black Chaotic Knight:
- 16 Scythe Mastery, 13 Mysticism
 Chaotic Wizard:
- 16 Air Magic, 13 Energy Storage
 Chaotic Bishop:
- 16 Channeling Magic, 12 Smiting Prayers
 Elite Chaotic Demagogue:
- 16 Blood Magic, 11 Curses, 9 Soul Reaping
 Chaotic Priest:
15 Mysticism, 12 Healing Prayers, 3 Wind Prayers
 Chaotic Cardinal:
15 Mysticism, 12 Pritection Prayers, 3 Wind Prayers
Spawns as follows:
- 2 D/W Black Knight
- 1 E/Mo Wizard
- 1 Rt/Mo Bishop
- 1 N/Rt Elite Demagogue
- 1 D/Mo Priest
- 1 D/Mo Cardinal
 Group 4: Ele Ball
 Steel Soul:
16 Scythe Mastery, 15 Mysticism, 4 Wind Prayers
 Magma Soul:
16 Fire Magic, 11 Earth Magic, 9 Energy Storage
 Icewind Soul:
16 Water Magic, 11 Air Magic, 9 Energy Storage
 Stone Soul:
16 Earth Magic, 12 Restoration Magic, 3 Energy Storage
 Healing Soul:
16 Healing Prayers, 10 Protection Prayers, 9 Earth Magic, 4 Divine Favor
Spawns as follows:
- 2 D/E Steel Soul
- 3 E/D Magma Soul
- 2 E/Rt Icewind Soul
- 2 E/Rt Stone Soul
- 3 Mo/E Healing Soul
 Group 5: Sway
 Elite Chaotic Bandit:
16 Expertise, 12 Dagger Mastery
 Elite Chaotic Trapper:
16 Wilderness Survival, 15 Wilderness Survival
 Elite Chaotic Lance:
15 Spear Mastery, 14 Leadership, 9 Command
 Elite Chaotic Preserver:
16 Communing, 15 Spawning Power
 Elite Chaotic Restorer:
16 Restoration Magic, 15 Spawning Power
Spawns as follows:
- 3 R/A Elite Bandit
- 2 R Elite Trapper
- 2 P/W Elite Lance
- 1 Rt/Me Elite Preserver
- 2 Rt Elite Restorer
 Boss: Kazenji, Dragon Assassin
Boss-like foe: Level 27 Assassin. 35 base Energy, 3000 Health, 4 Energy Regeneration, 70 Armor. 20 Critical Strikes, 20 Dagger Mastery.
- Black Dragon Strike:
- Coffin Nail:
- Conjure Dragonflame:
- Dragon Scales:
- Golden Dragon Fangs:
- Phoenix Cloak:
- Shrouded Prison:
- Way of the Dragon:
 Boss: Khesze, Chaos Lord
Boss-like foe: Level 30 Mesmer. 55 base Energy, 5000 Health, 5 Energy Regeneration, 60 Armor. 20 Fast Casting (does NOT receive universal HCT).
- Blade of the Chaos Lord:
- Chaotic Surge:
- Chaotic Visions:
- Cry of Chaos:
- Feast of Chaos:
- Mentality Besieged:
- 5 2 5 Hex Spell. (30 seconds.) Target foe has +100 maximum Energy and cannot use skills. End effect: target foe regains all Energy and takes 5 damage for each point of Energy gained; target's skills are recharged and they take 50 damage for each skill recharged in this way. Ends if that foe's energy reaches 0.
- Terror's Grasp:
- Void's Siren Song: