Wanted: Barthimus the Provident
|Wanted: Barthimus the Provident|
|Storyline||Beyond: War in Kryta|
|Prophecies and Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Wanted by the Shining Blade |
in Lion's Arch Keep
Location in Cursed Lands from Temple of the Ages.
Location from Bergen Hot Springs.
Kill Barthimus the Provident.
 Quest information
- Kill Barthimus the Provident in Cursed Lands
- *BONUS* Kill Barthimus the Provident in Hard Mode
- See Princess Salma for your reward
- 3,000 Experience
- 750 Gold
- Complete the Base Objective for 10 War Supplies
- Complete the *BONUS* Objective for an additional 5 War Supplies
The fastest way to Barthimus avoids most enemies along the way.
Leave the Temple of the Ages with a balanced group. Either rescue your escort from the Reed Stalkers or just run east. Evade or dispatch the undead and make your way through the swamp. After the swamp, you need to cross the path. Wait a few seconds for the patrols to move away, then cross it without engaging any foes. Move past the Resurrection Shrine, then east. Dispatch the small White Mantle group without engaging the Lynx. There are a few White Mantle popups before the exit to Cursed Lands. If you're quick you can run past them to the portal.
In the Cursed Lands, your new escort is likely to aggro the group of Lynx. You can take it slow, dispatch each group, then tackle Barthimus. It's faster, but riskier, to lead the Lynx, other wildlife and the White Mantle to each other - they're hostile to each other. You can use the ensuing chaos to spike Barthimus, then map-travel back to Lion's Arch.
 Initial dialogue
- Wanted by the Shining Blade
- "Barthimus the Provident is a sinister figure who menaces and preys upon innocent Krytans. Those unfortunate enough to encounter Barthimus are often plagued by nightmares... if they survive the experience. This grim agent of the Unseen Ones haunts the Cursed Lands. Queen Salma offers a bounty to any who have the skill and ability to finish off Barthimus."
- After completion of The Battle for Lion's Arch
- "Relive this important event from the War in Kryta! Barthimus the Provident was a sinister figure who menaced and preyed upon innocent Krytans during the reign of the White Mantle. Those unfortunate enough to encounter Barthimus were often plagued by nightmares...if they survived the experience. This grim agent of the Unseen Ones haunted the Cursed Lands, and that is where adventurers cut him down in the name of the Queen. Slay Barthimus the Provident once again in this historical re-creation and earn the royal bounty!"
 Reward dialogue
- Princess Salma
- "Thank you [Character Name], your efforts bring us one step closer to a unified nation."
- Sometimes when you get within compass range of him, this quest will become completed because the nearby group of Lynx will have killed him.