Zaishen Menagerie Grounds
- This article is about the explorable area that includes your unlocked pets. For the outpost that gives access to the grounds, see Zaishen Menagerie (outpost).
|Zaishen Menagerie Grounds|
|Region||The Battle Isles|
(Click to enlarge)
In a beautiful, lush new explorable area in the Battle Isles, the Zaishen Order runs a tight business breeding and training all the common and prestige pets from around the world for their clientele. There are a few ways you can start your own collection in the Menagerie. Bring any pet with you or your Heroes to the Tamer in the Menagerie Grounds. The Tamer will check your pet's evolution and unlock that tier and any lower tiers. Adding charmed pets to the Menagerie is absolutely free. You can also use Balthazar Faction or pay with Zaishen Coins and gold to have the Zaishen Order unlock and train evolutions of pets for you. This way, you've got several choices for unlocking all your pets.
The Zaishen Menagerie Grounds is an explorable area where the Zaishen Order takes care of the pets you have unlocked on your account. Pets can be brought in from the wild, or purchased here and trained for you by the Order.
There are various climates in this one area that create the appropriate habitats for the animals.
 Getting there
- Zaishen Menagerie (south)
The Zaishen Menagerie is account based, which means that any pet you unlock will be available to all characters on that account, both PvE and PvP. You cannot, however, bring other players into your own menagerie, it is only for yourself and your heroes.
Emryd the Tamer will unlock your current pet companion at its current level and evolution tier and all lower tiers for that species. If you want she will also take your Moss Spider Egg and unlock the Moss Spider. If you want she will also take your current pet, release it, which lets you charm another one right away.
Helena (Zaishen Keeper) will unlock the next tier of any species that is already unlocked, or unlock the lowest tier of any locked species from any campaign you own, at a cost of either a combination of Zaishen Coins and gold, or Balthazar faction.
Wynn (Zaishen Training Captain) will spawn 4 identical animals of any unlocked species/tier higher than 1 on your account, letting you charm one.
You can search the grounds and find an unlocked species at tier 1 and charm it.
- 20 Master of Winds
- 20 Emryd the Tamer (Zaishen Pet Tamer)
- 20 Helena (Zaishen Keeper)
- 20 Hokusai (Beetle Designs) (only for accounts that have unlocked Racing Beetle)
- 1 Kun Shao (Zaishen Stable Boy)
- 20 Salome (Zaishen Physician)
- 5 Silavor (Zaishen Naturalist)
- 20 Wynn (Zaishen Training Captain)
- 20 Zaishen Handlers
- 20 Zaishen Trainers
 The animals
There are 7 tiers, with a level 20 evolved (non-elder) pet being the highest tier.
All animals roaming the grounds have a base level of 5, and as soon as tier 1 of a new species is unlocked the animal will appear in the grounds. Many pets will also be accompanied by baby versions, which are non-targettable and non-charmable. Wynn will spawn four of any higher tier you have unlocked on demand in her training pen, and this service is free.
Pets with the same skin but different names, such as Moa Birds and Striders, don't count as separate types. Pets with different skins but identical names, however, do count as different species. One example would be the red and blue Reef Lurkers.
The pets roaming the grounds are passive and, like normal pets, will become hostile (have their names turn red) when you try to charm them or attack them; however they will not attack you. The pets spawned by Wynn, on the other hand, will act like wild pets and attack as soon as you interact with them. The roaming pets still gain experience from player deaths and can be death leveled all the way to level 20. This will usually result in a Hearty pet, allowing you to unlock the highest tier for that species.
 The menagerie
Each animal will only be present once tier 1 for that species is unlocked.
|Western Beach||Phoenix • Rainbow Phoenix • Reef Lurker (blue) • White Crab|
|Farm||Moa Bird • Warthog|
|Central River||Crane • Crocodile • Flamingo • Moss Spider • Panda • Reef Lurker (red)|
|Western Plains||Tiger • White Tiger|
|Northern Rocks||Jahai Rat • Lynx • Raven|
|Northern Dunes||Dune Lizard • Hyena • Iguana • Lion • Lioness|
|Central Hills||Black Bear • Melandru's Stalker • Mountain Eagle • Racing Beetle|
|Northeast Caves||Black Moa • Black Wolf • Hound of Balthazar • Wolf|
|Southeast Caves||Albino Rat • Black Widow|
|Eastern Snowy Area||Jingle Bear • Polar Bear • White Jingle Moa • White Moa • White Wolf|
|Training Pen||If unlocked, Wynn can spawn level 12, 15, or 20 animals in the pen.|
 The training yard
 Pet tiers
|Tier||Minimum level||Evolution requirement||Unlocked pets|
|1||n/a||n/a||Level 5 unevolved|
|2||12||n/a||Level 12 unevolved|
|3||12||evolved1||Level 12 evolved|
|4||15||n/a||Level 15 Elder2|
|5||15||evolved||Level 15 evolved|
|6||20||n/a||Level 20 Elder|
|7||20||evolved||Level 20 evolved|
- 1 Aggressive and Playful (levels 12 to 14) or Aggressive, Dire, Hearty and Playful (levels 15 to 20)
- 2 same stats as unevolved
 Unlocking costs
|Tier unlock||Coins1||Balthazar faction1||Animal unlock||Coins1||Balthazar faction1|
|1 → 2||1 , 100||1,000||Each common animal||1 , 100||1,000|
|2 → 3||1 , 100||1,000||White Moa2, Racing Beetle4||1 , 100||10,000|
|3 → 4||2 , 100||1,500||Jingle Bear2, White Jingle Moa4||2 , 100||20,000|
|4 → 5||2 , 100||1,500||Black Moa3, Phoenix3||3 , 100||30,000|
|5 → 6||3 , 100||2,000||Black Widow4, Moss Spider4||5 , 100||50,000|
|6 → 7||3 , 100||2,000||Rainbow Phoenix2, Panda4||15 , 100||80,000|
|-||-||-||Hound of Balthazar4||20 , 100||100,000|
- 1Pay either with coins or with Balthazar faction 2Prestige Tyrian Animal 3Prestige Canthan Animal 4Prestige Exotic Animal
- The offspring of Black Moas use the exact model and size of a Black Moa Chick miniature.
- If bringing heroes, the Rainbow Phoenix cannot be found, even when registered, this is most likely to remove the possibility for heroes to charm a Rainbow Phoenix.
- There is no resurrection shrine in this area. As such, if you die from any reason (death from Wynn's summoned animals, Vampiric weapon, life sacrifice etc) and your party has no remaining resurrection skills, you will receive a message that your party has been defeated, and an option to return to the outpost.
- Animals created by Wynn in the training yards will automatically teleport back to the pen if they move too far.
- All animals of the same species are members of the same party and will thus share experience for the purposes of death leveling.
- Helena (Zaishen Keeper) will refer to a Reef Lurker (red) as a Lurker and a Reef Lurker (blue) as a Reef Lurker.
- The moss spider will not spawn immediately upon turning in your egg. You will have to rezone.
- If level 20 is obtained without a Hearty or Dire evolution, a pet can be turned in to Emryd and a level 15 Hearty or Dire animal of that type can be acquired from Wynn, raised to level 20, thus unlocking tier 7.
- After a Lion and Lioness have been added, only one Lion with several Lionesses will show up, along with some cubs. This is very much like the natural composition of a pride.
- There are ambient animals in the grounds that are not charmable and are not considered creatures.
- Gulls over the ocean.
- Schools of small fish and a solitary large fish in the sea.
- Turtles near the windmill and the marsh.
- Flies over the trough.
- Butterflies in the grass.
- A cat on the farm crates.
- A hawk that flies over Wynn's training ground.
- Two frogs on a rock near the waterfall.
- Small crabs on the beach.
- A pair of dolyaks in the mountains.
- A bunch of spiders in the marsh.
- Water Buffalo around the farm.
 See also
|Locations in the Battle Isles|
|Ports, towns and outposts:||Great Temple of Balthazar • Guild hall • Zaishen Menagerie • Costume Brawl (Hidden; Halloween festival only)|
|Cooperative missions:||Embark Beach (Quest)|
|Challenge missions:||Zaishen Challenge (outpost) • Zaishen Elite (outpost)|
|Arenas:||Random Arenas (outpost) • Codex Arena (outpost) • Heroes' Ascent (outpost)|
|Explorable areas:||Isle of the Nameless • Isle of the Nameless (PvP) • Zaishen Menagerie Grounds|