User:Endrosz/noteworthy updates 2008
- 1 Update - Thursday, January 17, 2008
- 2 Update - Thursday, March 13, 2008
- 3 Update - Tuesday, March 18, 2008
- 4 Update - Thursday, May 22, 2008
- 5 Update - Thursday, May 29, 2008
- 6 Update - Thursday, August 7, 2008
- 7 Update - Thursday, September 4, 2008
- 8 Update - Thursday, November 13, 2008
Update - Thursday, January 17, 2008
- Added the option to bind keys that activate Hero Skills. These keys can be bound through the "Action: Order Hero (1-3) to use Skill (1-8)" option in the Control options panel (Menu > Options > Control).
Update - Thursday, March 13, 2008
Concise Skill Description Option
- Guild Wars now supports two types of skill descriptions: traditional and concise. Traditional descriptions maintain the classic style and have been in place since the first campaign. Concise descriptions are a new style, and are generally shorter in length.
Update - Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Today we are taking steps to further protect the game from abuse by real-money trading (RMT) companies. Please read our Policy on Real-Money Trading for more information on how and why we block real-money trading.
- We are adding the ability to block certain IP addresses from the game. In the coming days and weeks, we will be using this capability to block addresses of RMT companies that heavily abuse the game.
- We are also adding code to detect and block IP addresses that are running an open proxy, so that players cannot mask their real IP address by connecting to the game through an open proxy.
Update - Thursday, May 22, 2008
Restoration of Skill Effectiveness in PvE
With this update we introduce a new system to split certain skills into separate PvE and PvP versions. With this system we can update skills for one game type without affecting the other.
Skills that differ in PvP will have (PvP) listed at the end of their names when viewed in PvP outposts and matches. These skills will automatically be adjusted within PvP outposts and matches. Players can equip their skills as normal, and the game will use the PvP version where appropriate. For more information, see the Developer Update.
Update - Thursday, May 29, 2008
Added the "Test My Computer" option to the login screen. Clicking this link launches a diagnostic test that measures:
- Adapter settings
- Network connections
- External address
- Server connectivity
- Network paths
- DirectX diagnostics
When the test is complete, click "View Results" to open a text file with a list of the testing results. These results are useful to diagnose connection and playability problems, and will lead to faster resolution of open support tickets. This file is saved to your root Guild Wars directory, which is by default located in C:\Program Files\Guild Wars on Windows XP, and C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Guild Wars on Windows Vista.
Update - Thursday, August 7, 2008
Updated Zaishen Rewards
Guild Battle Changes
- There is no longer any Victory or Death effect.
- There is no longer any Victory is Ours effect.
- The Guild Battle NPCs no longer walk to the flag stand.
- The Guild Lord’s Health has been reduced to 1680.
- Removed all skills on the Bodyguard except Oath of Healing.
- Removed Precision Shot from the Archers.
- Whenever a team gets a moral boost [sic] that team’s Guild Lord gets an additional +300 maximum Health for the rest of the game.
- The final, 28-minute tie-breaker is determined by the team that did the most damage to the enemy Guild Lord. This tie-breaker is now effective in all GvG matches.
- Amulet of Protection: reduced the amount of damage the Guild Lord can take to 25 per second at the beginning of a match, scaling up to 300 damage per second later in the match.
Update - Thursday, September 4, 2008
M.O.X. the Golem Hero
Update - Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wisdom/Treasure Hunter Titles
- The Wisdom and Treasure Hunter titles are now account-based. To credit previously accumulated points to the new account total, you must log in to each character that has points. Once these points have been credited to the total, the transfer is permanent even if the character is later deleted. All points received after today will go to the account total.