Feedback:User/BobbyT/An un-motivating line
| An un-motivating line|
|Categories|| Skill feedback|
The problem with most of the skills in this line is that it depends on what the allies does/has, making them very situational. I mean to bring Chorus of Restoration in a pug hoping other player will bring a shout, or to make a group where Lyric of Zeal can be use to it's fullest can be very awkward to use.
2nd problem is that fact that these skill have pretty strong passive one shot effects. For a team build properly set up, it wouldn't be too hard for most of them to meet the condition to gain the instant effect (alot of time without even thinking), And thus these skills were weaken in comparison to it's related skills.
IMO some conditions shouldn't be left up to the allies to activate themselfs for reason cause they might not have those types of skill, or not even use it when in affect. Spell and attacks skills doesn't really matter for this problem, because most party member will have one or both of those types, signets and shouts/chants are less common for every one to have in a party, i believe that the person casting should be able to activate the conditon themself so that their allies can recieve that benfits when the caster wants, if that was the case than it be alot easier to use.
Example Lyric of Purification #cost, #cast, #recharge: Chant 10 sec, next time you use a signet, party members loses a conditon. the chant would show on the allies effect monitor like a normal chan, but would end as soon as you use a signet, this would bring that skill in control to the user, and not just a skill that just fills a bar space.
To go with Racthoh's idea of an aura of restoration effect is a good idea. My idea though would have an effect that wasn't more powerful for 25 e spells compared to 5e skills. To bring [aria of restoration] that has an one-shot aura of restoration effect to a party with mostly 5e spells would not get that same octcome as a party with a few 15-25e skills
So i think that instead of giving % of health(x) for energy spent(Y) in one shot(Z), give X for every point of Y1 spent for a total of Y2 for Z sec
Example [Aria of Restoration] 10 e 2 c 20 r, chant: party members in earshot gain X health for every point of energy they spend on a spell over ten seconds, End after party members spends 15 energy. This method would give allies 10 sec to spent 15 energy anyway they want on spells for the heal, and it would be the same whether they use three 5e skills or one 15e skill.
skills below are examples with the method i mention above, these are only a few chants that i found to be lacking, theres other skill i would like look at, but haven't took the time to do so, if i do they will be add here:
- Aria of Restoration Chant. (10 seconds.) Party members in earshot gain 2...4...5 Health for every point of energy they spend with spells . Ends if Ally spends max 15 energy.
- Aria of Zeal Chant. (10 seconds.) Allies in earshot gain 1...1...2 Energy with their next 3 spells.
- Chorus of Restoration Chant. (10 seconds.) Allies in earshot are healed for 10...20...30 next time you use a chant. 4
- Energizing Chorus Chant. (10 seconds.) Allies gain 1...2...4 Energy next time you use a chant. 5
- Lyric of Purification Chant. (5...17...20 seconds.) Allies in earshot lose one condition with your next signet. That signet is disable for +5 seconds,
- Lyric of Zeal Chant. (10 seconds.) Allies in earshot gain 1...7...8 Energy with your signet. That signet is disable for +5 seconds, 6
- Song of Restoration Elite Chant. (10 seconds.) Party members in earshot gain +1...1...2 regeneration, they gain 2...4...5 Health for every point they spend with skills, ends after 15 energy as been spent total.
- note 1: because of the current effect/bug of Energizing Chorus(see its note), only chants should be used to prevent spam of shout during these activations, unless this is fixed.
- note 2: Hard to think of something good to balance this skill for it's elite status