Feedback:User/IKenshinHimuraI/Assassin Skill Balance Ideas
| Assassin Skill Balance Ideas|
|Categories|| Skill feedback|
Player vs. Player
→ PvP skills
Here's a list of things I'd like to see changed for Assassins, aimed to bring them into the metagame for PvP. None of these should be game-breaking, and will allow the Assassin as a primary class be useful on splits.
Legend: All damage/duration numbers are around what should be 12-14 in the attribute if the range is not specified.
The format below is Skill suggestion followed by reasoning.
All teleports will have no Aftercast and fails if Crit Strikes < 4.
- Black Lotus Strike: Offhand Attack
- The main change in this is to revert it back from being a lead attack to being an offhand attack that does not require a lead attack to precede it. This was a key skill in many combos and was never overpowered itself. Bar compression will allow for more utility on the Assassin bar.
- Way of the Assassin: Stance.
- The critical % was removed so that the attack speed can be a constant 33%. This is much more appealing to use than the current way it is, seeing as you can easily go warrior secondary in order to have an IAS.
- Unsuspecting Strike: Lead Attack.
- Traded energy cost for less damage. Dealing nearly +100 damage from this attack is a little overpowering.
- Blades of Steel: Dual Attack.
- Nerfed the damage cap from 60 to 50 in order to bring this skill in line with other dual attacks' damage.
- Falling Lotus Strike: Offhand Attack.
- Reduced recharge to allow it to be on the same timeline with Falling Spider. Reduced energy gain accordingly. This provides for smother assassin combos as the timing will allow it to be used more frequently with other 8R skills. Lowered damage by 5.
- Golden Fang Strike: Offhand Attack.
- This skill shouldn't be useless without an enchantment, the enchantment should just provide a major benefit to using the skill. The added damage will bring it more inline with other offhand attacks. This will provide for more diverse assassin combos.
- Golden Lotus Strike: Lead Attack.
- Again, this skill should have a use without an enchantment, benefiting a lot if you do have an enchantment.
- Golden Phoenix Strike: Offhand.
- This skill shouldn't "miss" if you are not under the effects of an enchantment, just simply not deal any additional damage.
- Golden Skull Strike: Offhand.
- As an elite attack, it should be better than the non-elite offhand attacks. It is still good without an enchantment, but it benefits greatly if you do have an enchantment.
- Horns of the Ox: Dual Attack.
- Reduced the recharge a little. The current Horns is somewhat of a joke only used to continue the rest of a combo. The 8R will make it have better timing synergy with other skills.
- Jungle Strike: Offhand.
- Currently will deal the base damage if not crippled, or only the bonus damage if crippled, but not both. It used to deal both, before it was AoE. It should be fixed. 8R puts it on the same timeline as the other attack skills.
- Shattering Assault: Dual Attack.
- Blockable only by Stances. If there is only one enchantment on the target, and the target has a stance active, perhaps only one will hit. Reduced the energy to 5 to make it an elite replacement for Blades of Steel or Death Blossom.
- Temple Strike: Offhand Attack.
- Currently we have two elite offhand attacks that cause Dazed. Having a skill similar to an elite "Golden Phoenix Strike" without the enchantment requirement which causes knockdown will be an interesting change. Will definitely provide for more diverse assassin combos and an alternative to using an elite shadow step.
- Dark Prison: Hex.
- Lowered the recharge to bring it inline with other teleports.
- Lowered recharge by 5 seconds to bring it on the same timeline as teleports.
- Increased the recharge and slightly lowered the cast time. It will feel a lot smother, yet still interruptable if used predictably.
- Reduced recharge to 30 seconds to make it able to be used more frequently.
- Reduced Energy to make it better than Dark Prison. Recharge set back to 20 as it can no longer be used by warriors to spike with.
- Slightly lowered the energy cost. This will be easier to combo with, without needing as many energy management attacks on ones bar.
- Death's Charge: Enchantment
- Having the health effect come in the form of an enchantment will create synergy with the "Golden" attack skills. Will encourage more aggressive splitting, when your health is lower than your opponent.
- This will be a split elite that makes it much easier to escape a base against a Water Ele or Cripshot ranger. Will disable non-assassin skills to prevent abuse by Dervishes or flag runners of a different profession. You can still be killed while under this enchantment or have it removed now.
- Shadow Refuge: Enchantment
- Shadow Refuge can now be used as a "pre-prot" against conditions, useful for engaging splits or escaping bases. Rewards good timing.
- Aura of Displacement: Enchantment.
- Reduced initial energy cost. This will be much easier to use and incorporate into smooth combos.
- Wastrel's Collapse: Does not disable non-dagger attack skills. No Aftercast. Fails if Crit Strikes < 4.
- If adding the Crit Strikes clause, you can remove the non-dagger attack clause. Provides for the possibility of using skills like Bulls Strike with this skill for an alternate knockdown if Wastrel's Collapse fails.
Most of these changes will increase the viability of new combos, allow for unused elites to see some game play or increase the mobility of the Assassin. The goal of this is not to create a combo that can instant-kill as easily as it once was able to.