From Guild Wars Wiki
This list contains all recent updates as published by ArenaNet. If there are undocumented changes, they are listed in a section titled "Guild Wars Wiki notes" under the related update.
Update -- July 10, 2018
- Fixed a bug that could cause map loading screens to get stuck at 0% completion.
Update -- June 26, 2018
- Fixed a client crash for Windows XP.
- Fixed an issue preventing some Windows XP users from logging in.
- The game client will now properly relaunch when the user is prompted to elevate to administrator privileges.
- The minion dialog will now display based on characters and maintain size and placement.
Update -- June 13, 2018
- The Minions panel will now remain open after map changes.
- Fixed the dye panel camera.
- Made improvements to help with log-in issues.
- Fixed a client crash when trying to log in.
- Added a new error code, 248, for when the game is unable to initialize the log-in system. This is usually the result of an antivirus system or an incompatible operating system. Guild Wars requires that you run Windows XP or later.
Update -- June 6, 2018
- Added an Ultra shadow setting.
- Doubles the distance, doubles the resolution, and quadruples the amount of dynamic shadows.
- The fog/haze when using the Advanced graphics options has been slightly modified.
- The game client restarts properly into Windowed Fullscreen when switching from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen.
- Performed server maintenance.
- The loading screen fade has been sped up slightly.
- The game client will no longer increase CPU usage while in the background.
- This also improves the -fps option CPU usage.
- The installer has been improved when uninstalling and reinstalling to another location.
- The Lakeside County gate to the Northlands will stay open twice as long when its lever is activated.
- Added a new Field of View slider.
- Field of View now uses a vertical calculation—previously diagonal—which will result in a much better view of the world on widescreen and ultra widescreen monitors.
- The old Field of View can be reenabled by using the new -oldfov command line argument.
- Added a rotation speed slider.
- Slightly increased the responsiveness of camera rotation.
- The camera maximum zoom-out distance has been slightly increased.
- Added an option to show chat timestamps for chat log entries.
- Whispers will no longer be lost while loading maps or switching characters.
- The chat log history has been doubled.
- The chat log will no longer clear on map change or switching characters.
- Displays correct error when trying to log in from an unauthorized network.
- Command line parameters "-newauth" and "-oldauth" are now ignored.
- Fixed a bug that would result in UI customizations and keybindings to be reset to defaults.
- Two Factor Authentication: added a dialog window in the login screen to enter the two factor authentication code for your login session.
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- You can now double click a name and it will select the player if they are in the same district.
Update -- May 18, 2018
- Performed server maintenance.
- List of game updates, for a full list of game updates articles.