This list contains all recent updates as published by ArenaNet. If there are undocumented changes, they are listed in a section titled "Guild Wars Wiki notes" under the related update.
Update -- August 23, 2020
- Fixed a server crash.
Update - May 1, 2020
- Fixed a crash bug.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Together as One” to show a casting time.
- Fixed a capitalization error in the name of “Together as One”.
Update - April 30, 2020
- Increased the recharge bonus of Over the Limit to 15..50.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Over the Limit to cause Overcast higher than the user's maximum energy capacity.
- Reduced the cooldown of Judgment Strike to 8.
- Increased the damage bonus of Judgement Strike to 13..30.
- Soul Taker now sacrifices health for each target of multihit attacks and no longer triggers on attacks that fail.
- Decreased the attribute bonus of Heroic Refrain to 1..3.
- Reduced the cooldown of Heroic Refrain to 10.
- Fixed a bug that caused "Together as one!" to affect non-party allies. It will still affect the ranger pets of party members.
- Fixed a bug that caused the new anniversary martial weapons to not properly scale their damage with their required attribute.
- Fixed a bug that caused Anniversary Shield "Curtain" to not be moddable with shield handles.
- Added a penalty to the armor bonus of Anniversary Shield "Curtain" while wielded in PvP.
Hot fix -- April 22, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused the skills 'Time Ward' and 'Over the Limit' to reduce skill recharges by more than intended.
Update -- April 22, 2020
This April brings us to fifteen years since the release of Guild Wars in 2005. In celebration, we're adding some new rewards to the yearly Anniversary Celebration:
- The Ancient Anniversary Weaponsmith's inventory has been reinforced with the Anniversary set, containing weapons with familiar looks but previously unavailable attribute requirements.
- Additionally, at the Ancient Anniversary Weaponsmith, heroes can acquire a Proof of Triumph. Carrying this relic will cause an extra enemy group and boss to appear in four late-game maps—fight your way to them, and be sure to bring a Signet of Capture along to acquire a new PvE-only Elite Skill for each profession! If you miss this year's celebration, don't worry—the Proof of Triumph will continue to work when the festival ends so you can adventure with a friend to seek out the new skills.
Guild Wars Wiki Notes
- A total of ten new elite skills were added to the game.
- Certain newly introduced weapons had an attribute requirement that did not match their mastery attribute, causing them to not deal the listed damage unless the respective weapon mastery was also of a high enough rank (i.e. Axe Mastery is also required to deal full damage with the Anniversary Axe "Engrave" even if the requirement is listed to be Energy Storage). This was fixed in a later update.
Update -- February 20, 2020
- Removed the user interface screen that asked players to provide their physical street address when creating a new account.
- List of game updates, for a full list of game updates articles.