Guild Wars Wiki:Requests for technical administration/Adjust job queue run rate
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Request for the job queue run rate to be reduced
- MediaWiki configuration
- Additional software requirements
- Additional server-side maintenance requirements
- The following lines need to be added to
$wgJobRunRate = 0.01;
- See  on the MediaWiki wiki for more information.
- Reason for request
- The current job run rate we are guessing is the default which is 1 (this means whenever a user makes a request on the wiki, it processes one job), when changes are made to templates that are used on multiple pages this creates a large slow down in the loading of pages for users, if not a complete freeze. The value suggested would change this to 1 in 100, however the IT team may wish to consider reviewing the number of hits the site gets per minute (we approximate ~1000 per minute) to determine a suitable value of their own.
- Typically the job queue level on GWW is 0, meaning there is no current backlog of jobs.
- What else uses it
- Possible pitfalls
- If set too low, the job queue may start to back up causing pages to display incorrectly, this could easily be fixed by factoring up the job run rate if it became a problem.