Guild Wars Wiki:Requests for technical administration/Configuring page move limits
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Request for configuring page move limits
- MediaWiki configuration
- Additional software requirements
- Additional server-side maintenance requirements
- The following lines need to be added to
// changing the move rate limits for normal users from none to 2 edits within 60 seconds $wgRateLimits['move']['user'] = array( 2, 60 ); // adding the bot group to be excluded from the rate limits $wgRateLimitsExcludedGroups = array( 'sysop', 'bureaucrat', 'bot' ); // adding auto confirm requirements $wgAutoConfirmCount = 10; $wgAutoConfirmAge = 3600*24; // changing persmissions to disallow moving pages for normal, not-confirmed users $wgGroupPermissions['user']['move'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['autoconfirmed']['move'] = true;
- Reason for request
- There has been a recent spree of pagemove vandalism which we are attempting to curb. The various configurations will mean that users who have been registered less than 1 day or have less than 10 edits cannot move pages at all and limits other users to 2 pagemoves per minute. Sysops and bureaucrats arer already excluded from these limits by default, and an additional exclusion for bots is being added.
- Possible pitfalls
- While the limit on user moving is not believed to interfere with normal day-to-day operation, we do have occasional one-time large-scale moves, which this would significantly slow for regular users. We do, however, have a bot who can be employed in these cases (and sysops/bureaucrats will still able to move without limits).
- It is possible a newly-registered user may legitimately wish to move a page. However, the restriction is only for a day assuming they make at least 10 edits in that time, and there are many helpful users around the wiki to assist them in the meantime.