Guild Wars Wiki:Requests for technical administration/Renameuser and UserMerge
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Request for Renameuser & User Merge and Delete
- Special page extension
- Additional requirements
- Additional tests are required, see Possible pitfalls section.
- Installation notes
- As per the descriptions on the extension home pages:
- Download the Renameuser extension and the UserMerge extension, extract both into the
/extensions/directory and add the following two lines to
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Renameuser/SpecialRenameuser.php" ); require_once( "$IP/extensions/UserMerge/UserMerge.php" ); wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['usermerge'] = true; // allow bureaucrats to use the UserMerge extension wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = array(); // disable protection of sysops
- Reason for the request
- Both extensions allow the wiki users to change their usernames on the wiki. While the Renameuser extensions allows simple renaming, the UserMerge extensions makes it possible to merge multiple user accounts of one user into a single one. Both affect the page histories and change all affected user contributions so that the attribution is still correct.
- What else uses it
- The Renameuser extension is installed on all Wikimedia wikis and is used very regulary.
- Possible pitfalls
- Due to the togetherness of Guild Wars Wiki and Guild Wars 2 Wiki, as they both share the same user database (but have everything else split), it is not sure if both extensions will work correctly and especially be able to change the user's contributions on one wiki correctly (especially in case of a merge) if the action is run from the other wiki. As we don't have further insight of how the combination of the wikis is done, further (offline) testing with an identical system is required. If necessary, some changes might have to be made to the extensions if they don't work.
- As this will require some time, it is not needed to get this working while GWW/GW2W is still on MediaWiki 1.14.