Guild Wars Wiki:Requests for technical administration/Restrict editing of Guild and Guild talk namespaces
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Request to restrict the editing of Guild: and Guild_talk: namespaces
- MediaWiki configuration
- Additional software requirements
- Additional server-side maintenance requirements
- The following lines are already in
$wgExtraNamespaces = "Guild"; $wgExtraNamespaces = "Guild_talk"; $wgContentNamespaces = 100;
- The following two lines are proposed to be added beneath the above in
$wgNamespaceProtection = array( 'editArenaNet' ); $wgNamespaceProtection = array( 'editArenaNet_talk' );
- This will restrict editing of the Guild namespace to users with the editArenaNet / editArenaNet_talk permissions (i.e. Sysops, Bcrats and ArenaNet staff), as already successfully used on the old ArenaNet namespace on this wiki.
- See Manual:Using custom namespaces on the MediaWiki wiki for more information.
- Reason for request
- As discussed on Guild Wars Wiki talk:Community portal#Proposal to lock down the Guild namespace. Content within the Guild namespace no longer serves a useful purpose.
- What else uses it
- I believe the ArenaNet namespace already uses this exact setup (should be nearby on the same page, a few lines above or below) - e.g. ArenaNet:Developer updates/20070305 cannot be edited by regular users.