Talk:Thrill of Victory
Is this skill EVER going to get FIXED. In the old days of Guild Wars, it was actually useful, giving healing if you had more health than the attacker in addition to the bonus damage. WHY that healing ever got removed and the bonus damage remained to be triggered only if you had more health than the target foe, I don't know. Seriously ANet, why not do something interesting with this skill again!? As it is now it is useless. Power Attack and Counterattack walk ALL OVER IT. Thrill of Victory grants CONDITIONAL bonus damage, whereas the previously mentioned two skills grant unconditional bonus damage, with one of them even granting a conditional energy gain.
Some suggestions for this skill:
1) Restore the "old-school" conditional healing it had, and make the +damage unconditional.
2) Restore the "old-school" conditional healing it had, and keep the +damage conditional.
3) Could try something like: "Melee Attack. If this attack hits, you deal +15...39...45 damage. If target foe had less than 50% health, your next 0...3...4 attacks deal +10 damage to target foe." This conveys the "Thrill of Victory" that is the name of the skill, and the bonus to the next several attacks (the amount of which would scale with Tactics) would be a temporary buff. Not sure if it is possible to give a conditional buff to the attacker upon attacking, but I think this would definitely make the skill interesting and bring it back into the game for once.
- I fail to see any reason this is even remotely good when you can use Soldier's Strike instead, anyway.
All the ideas I have for this skill for now. Hopefully something gets done to make this useful, as I liked its old incarnation, but as it is now...simply pathetic. Not as pathetic as some other skill changes I've seen ("Watch Yourself"...among others) but still not really worth using. 22.214.171.124 01:36, 7 March 2008 (UTC) Lokharte
- Ya, even pet skills can heal the pet. Why not let an attack skill heal the player? If I remember correctly, that pet skill was BASED off of this skill. I'm pretty sure it's called Predator's Pounce. Bisurge 03:20, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed, Victorious Sweep completely wipes the floor with this skill for half recharge.
better than expected
this works out a lot better thanks to the adrenaline bonuses now. 126.96.36.199 21:10, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
when blocked, i guess you won't get the adren even tough the description doesn't say if it hits... any1 know if it works that way? or do you get the adren anyway--188.8.131.52 04:15, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
- If this blow hits, you deal +20...36...40 damage. If you have more Health than target foe, you gain 1...2...2 strike[s] of adrenaline. --Eavil <3s You 05:00, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
- If this blow hits, you deal +20...36...40 damage >>>PERIOD<<< If you have more Health than target foe, ... (chilling victory does dmg too when blocked i think)--184.108.40.206 05:05, 3 April 2010 (UTC)