ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Mesmer/Signet of Midnight
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
DarkNecrid's Issue - 27 March 2009
- Signet of Midnight provides an effect that isn't suitable when combined with other skills such as Plague Sending.
- Change Signet of Midnight to read: "Elite Signet. Target touched foe becomes blinded for 15 seconds. Your melee and missile attacks have 90% chance to miss for 15 seconds." By removing the self inflicting Blind but keeping the same effect as Blind (but in a non-Condition, unremovable form), you keep the same intended effect of the signet, without leading to broken inter-skill effects.
Draken Dethblade's Issue -- 16:07, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- Signet of midnight isn't overpowered by itself but plague sending and mantra of inscriptions combined multiply it to be game breaking. You can blind 2 targets every 5 seconds and cover one of those two with enfeeble.
- make plague sending recast a little longer 7 seconds or signet of midnight 20 seconds or my preference totally destroy mantra of inscriptions because it makes signets too good/bad with/without it.
- As stated by Draken, Signet of Midnight is fine on it own. However, its synergy with Plague Sending/Touch and Mantra of Inscriptions makes for a build that can spam 15 second blinds (9 with both blind-reduction runes) every few seconds for very little energy.
- Simply remove the self-blinding aspect of Signet of Midnight.
- Then people would use it as an elite Throw Dirt with no attribute.
What am I going to do with a single target blind skill, Elite Skill, in pve?
Possibility for PvE?
- Move to Fast Casting
- Elite Sig, 1cast, 60recharge
- Create a level [1-16-20] Nightmare. It uses Touch of Agony and Vampiric Touch. Cannot have more then [1-2] Midnight Nightmares under your control. Dies after 60 seconds.
Give the mesmers a nightmare pet for pve please :-) Justice 07:11, 29 July 2009 (UTC)