→ Smiting Prayers
Player vs. Player
→ PvP skills
This is my attempt to make smiting viable in PvP without making it overpowered. The primary issue with smiting, at the moment, is that the vast majority of its damage is armor ignoring. This means that either it's too weak for a single person using it to accomplish much, or it's way too strong when a team brings multiple smiters. It also doesn't help that it's a monk line, as it's not too hard for smiting monks to bring heals and prots. I'm going to try to avoid using artificial restrictions on that stuff (such as "all your healing prayers skills are disabled for 10 seconds" on every smite skill) - I feel that while this is sometimes effective, it is inelegant and is not how Guild Wars is supposed to work.
Caveat: I may do a ton of crazy things. Feel free to comment at any stage of this process.
So here goes
- Name isn't really very fitting anymore, but this basically makes knockdowns more annoying than dangerous. Aura of stability is still a better anti-kd, but it doesn't deal damage to the attacker and isn't really maintainable.
- Balthazar's Spirit
- Hey look, an IAS (albeit a smallish, non-maintainable one) you can cast on an ally! How crazy.
- Bane Signet
- Removed the KD, added in a condition and a little damage.
- If the foe has no allies within casting range, the shadow step doesn't happen. Is meant to be something of an anti-backline skill. Weak damage, but gets the warrior off your monk for a few seconds.
- Castigation Signet
1 20 Signet. Target foe is struck for 5...37...45 holy damage. If that foe was attacking or casting a spell, for 6 seconds, the next time that foe deals damage, that foe takes 80...112...120% of the damage they deal.
- This is a largely passive buff that will increase your power a little, at the cost of slowing down any healing, prots, buffs, etc. You can remove it by attacking, but it might get costly to reapply repeatedly.
- Judge's Insight
10 1 30 Enchantment Spell. For 15 seconds, target ally's melee attacks deal holy damage and whenever that ally's melee attack would miss or be blocked, there is a 10...42...50% chance the attack will hit anyways.
- This may be pretty powerful in certain teams, may need some tweaking, but it should certainly help against skills such as blinding surge and blockways.
- Judge's Intervention
- I'm tempted to make this work against hexes, too, but that would effectively make it Hex Breaker with a shorter recharge that you can use on other people and doesn't lock up your secondary profession.
- Kirin's Wrath/ Symbol of Wrath
10 1 25 Spell. For 5 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes take 5...15...18 holy damage each second and suffer from Cracked Armor for 5 seconds each time they are struck.
- The current version of Retribution is only ever really used in PvE for farming. This version makes it an active pseudo-prot that discourages enemies from attacking the target. Might be too cheap/fast-recharging with the current numbers.
- Reversal of Damage I kinda like this one where it is.
- Scourge Enchantment
- 10 energy might be a little too much for this.
- Scourge Healing
10 1 30 Hex Spell. Target foe and all adjacent foes are struck for 10...38...45 holy damage. For 5...13...15 seconds, whenever an affected foe sacrifices health, all of that foe's attributes are reduced to 6...1...0 for 4 seconds.
- The attribute decrease would apply before the sacrifice skill's affect. Might need the duration dropped a little, or a smiter with this and a 40/40 set could make all of a necro's sac skills virtually unusable for long periods of time. Might be difficult to code, as I don't think there's any other skills that work quite like this.
- Shield of Judgment
15 1.25 45 Enchantment Spell. For 10 seconds or until this spell absorbs 50...290...350 damage, all damage dealt to target other ally is reduced to 0 and that ally cannot suffer from new conditions or hexes. Every time damage is blocked, the foe that dealt the damage takes 15...35...40 holy damage. Every time a condition or hex is blocked, the foe that attempted to apply it suffers from a random condition for 5 seconds.
- This is the "gtfo my squishy" skill. Powerful, but expensive, with a relatively long recharge and a cast time that makes it relatively easy to interrupt.
- Signet of Judgment
1.25 25 Remove all hexes and conditions from target ally. For each hex and condition removed, one foe adjacent to that ally is struck for 20...76...90 holy damage. The same foe cannot be struck more than once.
1 25 Signet. Target foe takes 5...25...30 holy damage. If you are enchanted, that foe takes an additional 15...31...35 holy damage and suffers from Burning for 6 seconds. If you were not enchanted, that foe loses one condition and one hex.
- An adrenal version of energy burn, essentially. Can make frenzying warriors sad. Ideally, the way it would work would be to drain x strikes of adrenaline from each adrenal skill on the target's bar and then deal damage based on the maximum amount one skill lost, so it would be ineffective against anyone with no adrenal skills.
10 1 25 Spell. Target foe takes 20...56...65 holy damage and suffers from a random two of the following conditions: Bleeding, Poison (15 seconds); Cracked Armor (12 seconds); Weakness (8 seconds); Blind, Dazed, Burning (3 seconds).
- These two skills, especially in conjunction with the old Smiter's Boon, were very powerful, especially Smite Hex with its in-the-area AoE. This change removes the defensive aspect, reduces the area of effect, and makes it so that if used incorrectly they may actually help the other team, while still being somewhat useful skills.
- Smiter's Boon
- I don't think I've ever seen anyone running this. So I made it somewhat usable.
- Zealot's Fire
- E-management that works well with Ray of Judgment, though admittedly not many other smiting skills. A little worried about E/Mo's with this and Searing Flames etc.