You do know that some of the skills you're pointing out here, for example Balthazar's Aura or Shield of Judgement are quite strong already, right? By the way, i'm not saying this as a farmer, i hate farming, but i still use them and i like those skills. Lou Wolfskin 13:15, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
- Balth Aura is strong in certain situations, but still really expensive with a long cast and is rarely used. Shield of Judgment isn't used in PvP because it either gets stripped or you just switch targets, and you don't have to spend 15 energy for a mediocre elite in a crappy attribute line on a 45 recharge to make melee switch targets. And all of my changes are PvP oriented (e.g. split skills for any that are used/important in PvE). ¬ Wizårdbõÿ777(talk) 17:57, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
- Forget what i said, you are right, the more splitskills the better eh? Lou Wolfskin 19:52, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
Did a quick skim reading, I think you are underpowering quite a few skills here. I will make a full comment when I have the time. Dark Morphon 16:20, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
Dark never got around to it, so here I am.
Ohai. Just a few thoughts / questions, hope you don't mind.
- Balthazar's Aura - tbh, experience tells me where this will likely lead.
- Balthazar's Pendulum - If you don't mind me bringing up a new idea, why not make this an elite version of (your) Banish, with a cripple duration attached? Speaking of Banish, shadow-stepping would interrupt someone so there's no real need to mention that imo.
- Castigation Signet - I feel this needs work. If you like how it is currently, I'd at least ask for a two second cast.
- Defender's Zeal - should be moved outta Smiting, imo. Regardless of if it's changed to your version or not. Personally I feel that's a fine non-elite... maybe make it a "Skill" instead of an "Enchantment Spell" and remove the energy gain? That way it has a reasonable effect for a reasonable duration, the recharge is quite long, but the effect is forced on for the full duration. I'll admit I don't heal in PvP (I don't count RA) so apologies if reading this one made you feel like crying.
- Holy Wrath - Can't be removed, has a fairly powerful effect, and lasts for two matches. Uummmmm. The .5 is a drawback, yeah, but... tbh I feel like it needs something more. Nobody with Smiting Prayers will be taken in a team without a Protter and Healer, imo. So I wonder how significant the drawback will be when there'll be others to get there first.
- Judge's Insight - I'm trying to limit my short novel here to skills that I feel need work but I do like this idea! ;)
- Ray of Judgment - Only the one pulse? Elite Skill? 5...40 damage?
- Retribution - I don't think this recharges too fast. As you're relying purely on Divine Favor (which I consider true for RoD) I think you're being a bit hard on this skill, tbh
- Scourge Enchantment - I think the energy is fine, if you want to make it more promising I'd say look to the recharge. With all the current ones flying around, this hex feels balanced to me. (NOTE: I'm not saying it is balanced, merely it's far from being a priority)
- Scourge Healing - May I ask if you'd consider moving the damage to when the skill ends? (with it triggering regardless of if it gets lifted off early or not)
- Scourge Sacrifice - I'd be very surprised if that was difficult to code. Personally I would have gone about this skill differently, adding a (small) sacrifice to the cost of an enemy's skills, but your idea is also very interesting.
- Shield of Judgment - Never seen 1.25 before iirc, but that shouldn't really count against it. I feel even with the recharge, this does a hell of a lot for 15 energy. With some existing skills and / or a 40/40 set, this just feels too powerful for my liking. Please at least remove the condition inflicting effect.
- Signet of Mystic Wrath - Again I'm forced to complement an idea I like. A fine example of rewarding skillful play. Well, it sort of does that by punishing the opposite.
- Smite - Up the energy cost or drop a condition / shorten duration of conditions, imo.
- Smite Condition & Smite Hex - I see what you're trying to do, but I can't see them being used in such a condition (just noticed when using Show Preview; no pun intended)
- Spear of Light - Gah, a third time. I like this one! :)
- Word of Censure - Very useful for when 2-3 Warriors all try to slaughter one Monk. I've no idea if that's what you had in mind at the time. I like this one. (Fourth time ><)
- Zealot's Fire - Move it to Divine Favor, problem solved. Personally I can see the synergy with several skills (if your page is copy / pasted into update notes), but I can also see that it's not guaranteed to give (much of) a return. Personally I'd make it free (if moved to DF)... I honestly can't see why it's 10 and -1 when you even noted that you had reservations regarding it.
Anyway, just a collection of my ideas (mostly initial impressions) that I hope at least some of which will prove to be useful to you. Apologies if it's just tl;dr and you cba A F K When Needed 20:56, 23 December 2009 (UTC)