From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
: This article is about the elite Mesmer skill. For the skill type of the same name, see Echo (skill type).
- Concise description
- See also: Copying skills
- Echo can copy powerful skills with long recharge times, doubling the rate at which they can be used.
- Use it to copy skills with short recharge times in order to spam them, e.g. adrenaline skills that have any recharge time.
- Combine Echo with Arcane Echo to create Echo chains, allowing you to have three copies of a skill at once. Add Arcane Mimicry to create multiple copies of a party member's elite.
- Use Auspicious Incantation to help manage energy costs (especially since Echo chains consume a lot of energy); the downside is mitigated since the disabled skill gets replaced shortly after.
- To capture Echo from a boss that has just copied a skill, wait 30 seconds (for the effect to wear off) before using your Signet of Capture.
- If used to copy a skill that can copy another skill or spell, the copy duration of that skill is used and will bypass Echo's 30-second copy duration.
- E.g., if used to copy Arcane Larceny/Thievery with Domination Magic rank 15, whatever spell that is stolen from a foe by the Echo version of Arcane Larceny/Thievery will remain as that stolen spell for 35 seconds and then revert back to Echo.
- E.g., if used to copy Arcane Larceny/Thievery with Domination Magic rank 0, whatever spell that is stolen from a foe by the Echo version of Arcane Larceny/Thievery will remain as that stolen spell for 5 seconds and then revert back to Echo.