Is there a movement rate penalty on carrying items and/or summoned items? Does "while carrying an item" apply for all items or just urns? ~ dragon legacy 06:36, 1 March 2007 (EST)
- AFAIK there is no movement rate decrease for holding ashpots. Especially since I regularly successfully kite while doing so. As for an item, it counts ALL items, so yes if you pick up urns, gears, flags, magic-bound-dwarves, those "count" towards spells like channeled strike WiNG 10:00, 1 March 2007 (EST)
- I'll just go ahead and make a note of that, just in case it comes up again. I also added in some information telling what will happen if a player dies while holding the ashes, and what happens when the duration of Item Spells expire. (Terra Xin 05:17, 27 April 2007 (EDT))
Perhaps this is a bug, but I don't seem to gain energy when holding the item "Destructive was..." elite. Halabala Opolis 6:55 pm September 13
- A little late, but... you lose the bonuses from your weapon set when holding ashes.
- Let's say you're holding a +10 energy staff and you're energy pool is 15. You cast Destructive Was Glaive (cost 10) 15-10 = 5 energy left, and now you aren't wielding the staff anymore so you lose the +10 energy bonus, thus: 5-10 = -5 energy. You'll spend a few seconds waiting for your energy to regen back into positive. I hope that helps someone. - HeWhoIsPale 13:32, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
If you get knocked down, will you drop the urn? 126.96.36.199 11:57, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
- no 188.8.131.52 06:21, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
I am under the effects of...
Whilst holding ashes and CTRL + Clicking on the icon (eg. VwK) the player says "I am under the effects of Vengeful was Khanei!" Shouldn't it be something more precise, such as "I'm holding ashes of Vengeful was Khanei!"? 184.108.40.206 06:28, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Not all skill types have customised call messages. It's not a bad idea, so why not suggest it at the GW1 suggestions page? Backsword 07:24, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Destructive was Glaive
This spell isn't classified as an items spell. Yet, it is listed under the urn types. It is just me, or this skill isn't supposed to be here at all? It creates an urn, but is not an item spell anyway. Asmo 15:52, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- But it does funciton the same as one in every other way ... --Star Weaver 18:20, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- Well, as far as I can see, now it is "officially" an item spell. Rose Of Kali 04:03, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
Removed Item spell?
I had and used a spell that when the item was dropped, it created a spirit. That is all that it did. I casted the spell, held the item until I wanted to create the spirit, then dropped it to do so. Did something happen to it? And if so, why? I can't find it anywhere nor can I find any info on it in any updates or wiki. ````
- Anguished Was Lingwah. It was reworked in a recent skill update. They also added a couple of hexes to synergise with it. Ritualists are up to a whopping five hexes now!--220.127.116.11 03:00, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
Weapon Set Bonus Question
So, casing an item spell makes you loose any weapon/focus bonus.
The question is: Will HSR items affect the item spell, given that you have the weapon/focus while you cast the item spell? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 18:05, 2012 May 30 (UTC).