June 15 update
This spell has become more or less useless. It's often combined with Armor of Earth, so you can easily get an additional 140/150 armour. Stacking armour upgrades are capped at 25 now. So a 62 buff from AoE, combined with an 84 buff, will result in an AMAZING +87 and not 146. This blows.
Sign your comments.. It's still the best armor skill in the game,as far as i know --Cursed angel 12:39, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
+80 armor to 60 = 140 which is more then makes this spell worth it... not to mention the other mods your armor will have 22.214.171.124 12:54, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
Stone Striker & Geomancer Armour
With full geomancer armour and stone striker, you essentially have the same base armour as warriors, but does that bonus stack completely with Kinetic armour? Or does it just add an extra +25 AL? Silavor 00:39, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
- Armor mods stack with spell mods 05:04, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Mix with mantra of earth for some real fun Barkingllama 07:07, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
Skills are not related just because they renew under certain conditions....Also the other elementalist skills that give +armor aren't related. RemovingBarkingllama 07:08, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
The fact it renews and is an elementalist spell is worth noting. Things like this are rarely seen outside of the sin skillset, and the possibility for synergy actually exists. I'm adding it back in (Lyssa's Aura). Natso 00:02, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
Does this refresh because of the renewal of skills such as critical defenses which renew per hit?
- Just tested, it doesnt, you actually have to CAST a spell for it renew & not just renew an enchantment (spell)
Master of Magic + Kinetic Armor + Flare
Renew kinetic with flare, has 12 in earth magic 12 in fire, with a decent energy manegment spell you can spam flare and have nice armour bonus.
- Yeah, you'd have great armor and horrid damage. Flare has very low DPS. Blood Red Giant 03:13, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- or... you could use 16 earth magic and spam Stone Daggers instead and actually be able to do some damage... this build is fairly popular in RA as a super tank stone dagger spammer, that can probably kill most people in RA if they dont have healer 06:39, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Can the editor of this note please provide proof that he has the skill to unlock via screenshot? Thanks. --Curin Derwin 05:14, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
I'm wrong. Undid my (re-)edit. Lord Mondegreen 08:47, 24 December 2009 (UTC)
Just wondering how this works
So say you cast this spell and you have 5 seconds left of it's duration. When you cast another spell, does it add the time together (5 sec + 8 sec) or does it just bump it back up to 8 seconds duration?--Sageofprofession 15:35, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- Bumps back to 8.i think, its great with healers and low-cost spells--Neil2250 , Render Lord 15:38, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
The perfect complement to Rt/E PBAoE spam builds
At 16 Channeling Magic and 13 Earth Magic, I'm currently waltzing through Factions the way the Alliance would have hoped to do with Serenity Valley. I basically just run into an approaching group ahead of my henchies and heroes, leave my Bloodsong standing behind me, and spam DWG, alternating between AR, SR and Lamentation inbetween, and keep my energy close to full at all times courtesy of ES and RS. Since the skills don't cause periodic area damage and don't cause the mobs to scatter I can just keep doing that until nothing hostile is left standing.
|Destructive Was Glaive||Ancestors' Rage||Spirit Rift||Lamentation||Bloodsong||Essence Strike||Renewing Surge||Kinetic Armor|
However I haven't played Prophecies much yet, and use Armor of Earth instead of Kinetic Armor for now. I haven't died since leaving Shing Jea Island, but I wonder if Kinetic Armor would perhaps be a better protection skill in the long run. Maintaining it wouldn't be a problem, because you pretty much never spend more than a second or two without casting something. Does anybody who has used this or a similar build have any good insights as to replacing AoE with KA? I'm thinking if nothing else, it could be worth it just for the fact that it doesn't slow you down. 126.96.36.199 00:15, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
I'm thinking of circling a build around this and I was wondering, is the reapplied +8 seconds affected by a +20% enchantment mod? 188.8.131.52 11:37, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. --Curin Derwin 13:59, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
I use it with my derv once in awhile since its easy to maintain with all of the enchantment spells they spam, but im wondering just how good of an idea this really is, any thoughts? 184.108.40.206 05:49, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
- Might work well on a Pious build, but only if Kinetic Armor's duration gets increased with a 20% enchantment mod so it can be maintained with Pious Renewal. A downside is that it will hardly outplay Vow of Piety wich has about the same effect but offers regeneration and with a 20 seconds duration is a bit easier to maintain. Da Mystic Reaper 16:24, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
Do heroes make an effort to maintain this enchantment out of combat by casting spells? 220.127.116.11 14:35, 3 April 2015 (UTC)