Talk:Little Workshop of Horrors
To get his quest, after doing the prerequisite quest, go to Rata Sum and talk with Blimm. The red staff that drops from the final boss can be used to complete the quest. Not sure that if you don't hand in the staff if you can still complete the quest. 18.104.22.168 00:58, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- The staff is actually not required to complete the quest (you get 1.5p and 7.5k XP anyway), and doesn't add any benefit as far as I have seen. The staff is a "Red Asura Staff", has an insignia slot and req. 9 spawning power. Quite decent if upgraded (unfortunately, I didn't check if that is possible).Korkman 22:50, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
It's actually called a "Red Asuraline Staff." The TPS Golem drops it extremely rarely. If you get one and you want to keep it, don't have it in your inventory when accepting the quest reward. If you do, he takes it, and you don't get anything extra from him. Pucktrapper 19:23, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
I needed to defeat Xien several times before I got the dungeon key. There was an key icon, but there was nothing there, only after several fights with Xien - he eventually dies- that I got the key. Yukiko 08:15, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- I was never able to avoid a fight with him? My group (just one other and I, first time for both), kept running into him at the most in-opportune moments >< 22.214.171.124 00:06, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Well that is how it works... Xien first spawns at the key spot on the map, but you don't retrieve the key until you face him several times, killing him close to the entrance to lvl 2. Pucktrapper 23:12, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
I removed the following conflicting notes:
- Some confusion may arise as the start for this quest is not outside the dungeon itself, but in the nearby major town, Rata Sum.
- Not true. You get the mission by talking to Blimm again in Rata Sum but you travel outside of town back to Oola's Lab to do the quest and enter the dungeon.
If someone could verify which one's accurate, that would be great. - HeWhoIsPale 12:41, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
- After retrieving the quest in Rata Sum, Blimm waits just before the dungeon. You can talk to him to enter the dungeon opposed to just walking in, but it doesn't make any difference.Korkman 22:50, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- It does make a difference, as Blimm standing outside the dungeon will activate the Elusive Golemancer quest instead of the Little Workshop of Horrors. This can be good for you if you want to remove party DP before starting the dungeon. You start Elusive Golemancer, enter the dungeon, then resign, and your party will be placed outside the entrance with Blimm and DP is gone. Then, re-enter the dungeon without talking to Blimm, and you'll be back on the Little Workshop of Horrors instance. There is one patrol between you and the dungeon entrance that can be easily avoided. Pucktrapper 23:12, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Yes it is possible to finish at -60% with henchies
If you are soloing with heroes and henchies, it is possible to finish even if you end up at -60% at the end. Xien appears only on the first of the three levels. He is annoying but easy to kill off. On the other hand, the round beetles which fight with the golems are a PITA. At the end you HAVE to kill off the two flame guardians, and the only way is to pull them one at a time down the stairs out of the range of the flame traps. Once that is done the end boss can be killed. Luckily the respawn point is close so attack, wipe, respawn, attack till dead. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) at 22:13, 25 July 2008 (UTC).
- Okay, I am not sure about Hard Mode for it, but I beat one Flame Guardian, the TPS, then the other Flame Guardian. So its not 100% essential to take down both guardians first, but it would probably help a lot. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) at 19:25, 18 December 2008 (UTC).
- Yeh this dungeon is piss easy hence the reward of only 750 asura points in HM...Infact, getting there is the most hard part of this dungeon in HM...Note for others who are yet to H/H this dungeon: Curse hero with Spiteful Spirit annhilates this dungeon, also some sort of melee protection helps. I had vekk with earth damage and spamming Ward Against Melee (50% chance to block) and if im still taking too much damage i had vekk cast Aegis too (with 10 in energy storage and 8 in protection and 16 in earth) So with 100% chance to block, and SS, cleared this dungeon in roughly 45 minutes. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) at 15:07, 30 January 2009 (UTC).
(Reset indent) Not sure if I'm replying to something ages old - no sign, but blocking doesn't add that way. .5 chance to not block, times a .5 chance to not block, means you don't block 25% of the time. They don't add, it's multiplicative. And you can't go beyond 75% blocking chance anyways. With a proper player tank to take melee aggro, this is an extremely easy area. If you don't have that, use a hero as a tank and some healing to keep him around, some AoE damage, and poof. Protection prayers, and then particularly blinding surge on an ele, can make this dungeon go fast. 220.127.116.11 01:10, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- I am fairly sure you can have a block chance higher than 75%. --Irgendwer 01:37, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- Wicked late reply but ofcourse you can have skills that add up to more than 75% but I don't think that's not how blocking chance works. Each skill/buff that grants blocking is triggered separately. i.e. if you have whirling defense then ageis, an attack checks against WD then if it gets blocked it stops, if it hits, it's checked against the 50% from Ageis.18.104.22.168 17:56, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- From Block: "There is no cap on stackable blocking skills, but the effects are multiplicative. This means that two 50% chance to block skills do not add up to a 100% chance to block. Rather the first block skill applies, and any attack that bypasses that has to pass the second block skill for a total effective chance to block of 75%." So you're stating the same thing. 22.214.171.124 18:08, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
Seems it is not required that you use this to kill the Golem / Mind you I had lifestealing spirits which may have been how I killed it. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 01:09, 4 April 2019 (UTC).