Please use the "Show preview" button to view your work before you save it. It will keep the Recent changes page from getting spammed. Thanks! G R E E N E R 19:54, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
ach ok im sorry im new to the wiki chainges ill use it :p
- No worries, I think we all do it the first time. G R E E N E R 00:00, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
When links to other wikis are permissible
I know I should probably go look at the policy pages for a definitive answer to this, but I wanted to ask you directly since you removed the wikia link from the Dragon's Throat article recently: Under what circumstances, if any, is it appropriate to link to an outside article?
When I added that note to the article, I hadn't played the challenge mission in question yet, (indeed, I haven't finished much of Cantha,) so obviously I couldn't verify that the bosses received a maximum of three lives each. Thus, I included my source, (the talk page for the wikia on Dragon's Throat, where one contributer had asserted that was the case,) so readers could take the claim with a grain of salt.
This leads me to a second, related question: Do you have personal (or otherwise authoritative) confirmation that bosses do indeed get 3 lives? I ask because I wouldn't want readers to take the now context-less note as though it were handed down from the mount, and then have it turn out to be wrong after all.
Anyway, sorry for taking up so many words to express a couple of relatively minor questions, and thanks for your time.
Amateurish of me - I forgot to sign last time. Ah, well. --Mercenary 03:33, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- Links to the old GW at wikia are possible, using
[[wikia:c:guildwars:Main Page]], but the validity of some of their pages have come into question. I do not believe that special links have been set up for that wiki's new home. As for that link you used, if there's some ambiguity on using it, feel free to toss it into the article's talk page with a comment, and add just the facts onto the page itself. G R E E N E R 03:39, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- my point was that wikia is also user made and therefor not realy a way to verify information like G R E E N E R said there not that acurate anymore (i havent checked the information yet but ill do that 2day myselveNaloj 10:08, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- i have now checked the mission and indeed the bosses only have 3 lives and killing them gives 1 min of time to the counter and they spawn in the 7th room Naloj 10:47, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- Alright; thanks, Naloj, for your diligence, and for how promptly you got back to me. The article is clearly in good hands. --Mercenary 01:23, 5 February 2011 (UTC)