Kill as many of the afflicted as possible before the timer runs out. Kill an afflicted boss to gain a time bonus.
This mission rewards gold based on the formula below. Values are rounded down. Additional bonuses are awarded for beating the daily best, monthly best, or quarterly best scores.
|Reward||Amount||Daily Best||Monthly Best||Quarterly Best|
|Gold||(500 * score) / (Quarterly Best #1 score)||+1500||+15000||+20000|
There is a 15 minute time limit for this mission, which is extended by approximately 61 seconds for each boss killed. There are two strategies for extending the time limit:
- To cover long distances quickly, bring party-wide speed boosts, e.g. "Charge!" or "Fall Back!".
- Remain in the same area and wait for groups to respawn (making sure that there is a boss in the group to extend the time limit). Groups respawn ~2 minutes after being defeated, so you will have to kill 3 or more bosses per cycle in order to extend the timer indefinitely.
- 20 (26) Afflicted Warrior
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ranger
- 20 (26) Afflicted Monk
- 20 (26) Afflicted Necromancer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Mesmer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Elementalist
- 20 (26) Afflicted Assassin
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ritualist
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Tamaya → Enraged Smash
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Susei → Broad Head Arrow
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Cho → Ray of Judgment
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Xi → Order of Apostasy
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Meeka → Stolen Speed
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Rasa → Mind Burn
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Huu → Shadow Form
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Mei → Weapon of Quickening
- As with all challenge missions, foes do not drop items when killed.
- After 30 minutes, players will suffer from Extensive Plague Exposure.
- Enemies aren't resurrected, but new ones are spawned. This means that each boss killed will give an additional morale boost and leave an additional corpse.
- Some bosses will spawn in multiple locations.[verification requested]
- It is possible to kill enemies before the start of the mission, if they patrol close enough to the gate. These kills do not count towards your score, but will be respawned as normal.
- The bosses in this mission respawn after being defeated; the death of respawned bosses still adds time to the mission timer.
- Scores were previously kept on a leaderboard on the official guildwars.com site.