The Rules and Regulations
- If you come across any Leechers/Scammers(or any other people), please place them in This List.
- Try not to Swear or badmouth anyone.
- Please Sign In
- Join the The Archivists' Sanctum for Guildwars 2!
- For FAQ for Guildwars, refer to here.
- If you leave a message in my page, I will get back to you asap.
Note: I will be more active on Guildwars 2 Wiki from now on, so if i do not respond immediately to a post. Be Patient. - Thon Ghul
New Character Sheets WIP
I would like your opinion on this WIP, and maybe you can figure out some format "bugs". I had a dream I made my pages like this and decided to try it. The page is best viewed in 1024x768. --Wendy Black 00:32, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Well, that's a pretty nice idea, I'll see if i can do anything with it, But as for that "White Space" below, i think you would need to chop off part of your picture(If you want it to be that size, that is). --Thon Ghul Talk 15:04, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
Is this something like what you want?, or did you want the picture more to the left and/or bigger? --Thon Ghul Talk 15:20, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Well, the White space is your picture, I'll try to work on eliminating the problem.
- As it is, your image is placed under the picture, increasing the bottom to the picture's size,for some reason it's like that( I know not why). But to fix the problem, we have to make your text come out to the right of the table, not under it. We/I can work on it in My/our spare time.--Thon Ghul Talk 15:32, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I figured it out, seems so simple now.--Thon Ghul Talk 16:47, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Well... I was trying to keep her picture over the table on the right without covering any text. I know the image placement is what caused the white space and I am trying to correct it by placing the image inside an invisible cell on the far right of the table now. However this is not going to keep the browser resolution from messing it up. If there is a way to detect resolution in wiki code, I haven't found it. The words more bugs than a bait shop come to mind. Thanks for your help. --Wendy Black 19:35, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- No problem, wish i could have helped more. But, if you wanted to, you can move your picture to the position you want(depending if you decide to shrink your picture), and it should fix the problem. As for the browser resolution, I don't believe there is a way. --Thon Ghul Talk 21:01, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
Something for You to File
I really don't know how you would define this player. Noob? Scammer? Spammer? Leech? Anyways, one of my guild members under the character name "Kirigami Akibin" attempting to assist a noob by the name "Adams Defence" they had this horrible encounter. Akibin offered to help them with obtaining devourer eggs because he had pitched the 2 he needed. While out on the quest Akibin picked up 2 red dye and Adams started begging and spamming them for the dyes. After the quest is finished you can see in the log Akibin drops the 2 eggs and leaves. Later in town he threatens to report Akibin. When they contacted me in Guild chat I told Akibin to go back and make print screens because I had to read this myself.
Captured chat log
Enjoy LoL --Wendy Black 11:07, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
- Lawl, that is so hilarious, what a noob. I'll see what I should classify him as. :P, Done, Placed under, "Both Noobs and
Bots Spammers:". --Thon Ghul Talk 19:00, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
I would like to ask if you could slightly change the signature you use when posting. For some reason, it messes up my display when I use Firefox. It seems to be related to the use of "script" in the style. I tried changing to "cursive" in a sandbox with no display issues. Thanks. 220.127.116.11 19:51, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- I'll see what I can do. --Thon Ghul Talk 19:58, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- The "Script" is what makes my signature look like This, i guess i could go with Monotype Corsiva, but i really like script>_>, but, i guess its monotype corsiva. The only reason i can think of for it messing up your display would be if you didn't have that text type on your computer though. Because, the ability to see fonts does come from your computer, not from gww. --Thon Ghul Talk 20:17, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- I appreciate that you give it a try. I don't want you change just for my computer sake. You are probably correct that it is an issue with my OS installation. I think the problem might be that the pre-installed script font is not TrueType. The extension is .FON, so it may be some ancient old format. I'll look around if I can find a TT version, and give you a heads up. Cheers! 18.104.22.168 20:43, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- No Problem, probably best you told me anyways, according to Guild Wars Wiki:Sign your comments, I have to Use:"
- Your signature should neither inconvenience nor annoy other editors.
- Markup tags or styles that increase your text size,
repositions the text, or otherwise changes the flow of the text, as well as line breaks
<br />) are not allowed.
- Avoid using hardly readable or uncommon font families and always provide a common alternative font family.
<small> is allowed, do not make your signature so small that it becomes difficult to read.
- Do not use text animations or effects that cause visual disruption of a text page.
- Be sparing with the use of colors, especially background colors. Avoid using bright and glaring colors that disrupts the readability of a text page. "
- Best I get this fixed up now. --Thon Ghul Talk 20:46, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- I've determined it must be a problem with the OS Script.fon file. I tricked the registry to use roman.fon instead and have no issues. So that is a good thing for me to know. Windows won't let me delete the file since it's protected by that silly Windows File Protection system, but the registry let me lie about it :)
- You know, if you're now looking to shorten the overall length, maybe you could make a few small JPGs displaying them in sequence (with short names, of course). That would take care of a lot of the style formatting code. I personally didn't think it disrupted anything visually (not counting my display issue which wasn't the signature's fault). However it turns out, thanks for helping me find this bug or quirk in my OS. 22.214.171.124 21:13, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- No Problem, as i said earlier, if one person has a problem with my signature (whether or not if its readable), others will have the same problems, so ill keep it changed. --Thon Ghul Talk 21:20, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- I needed to shorten my Signature Anyways...--Thon Ghul Talk 21:24, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
I have to leave this message as I accidently read the small print, :(, also I'm not really sure what to make of the monkeys, are they planing something or just exercising. On a side note, you're welcome to use my 400-and-something leechers from JQ/FA. leechers.veeber.net 19:15, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
- :p, as for the monkeys...I happen to think they are trying to hold in something... Gas/#1/#2, Etc.... Also, i have already seen you 400& something leechers list. >_>, its so long.... I'd consider maybe organizing in an alphabetical order or something. Otherwise, seems very difficult to locate a name. Ty for commenting,Come on Back Now, Ya Hear?(:. --Thon Ghul Talk 23:31, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Hi there. I noticed you're using this avatar . This is a commission made for my character Huubke Dn Helle by fjalar. I appreciate the fact that you like the image, but unless you ARE fjalar, you should ask for permission first before using other people's work. Sjeng 12:42, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry if I've incovenienced you, but, I can (legally) use this image. I do like this Image, and I'm fairly Certain I did give credit on image page, if not, I'll add it. The Image I took also, was from GW2W, as your Sign-Icon. I checked GWW to be sure this wasn't an already taken Image, It's all legal-like. Again I'm sorry if I've incovenienced you - Or angered. I didn't take it meaning to "Steal" it. -- Thon Ghul|Talk 17:17, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- I know you can legally use the image, as the creator did not place any copyrights on it. It was a fanmade piece made for me specifically. I know that had I not wanted others to use the images, I should not have put them on my site in the first place. And tbh, I don't really mind the fact that you're using it, it's more that you didn't ask. It is after all a drawing of my character, so it just feels strange. But that aside, I saw the credit on the image page (even though I had to look up the source code to find that page), so that's all allright. I'm not angry, it's more that feeling when you suddenly see something that was made for you on someone else's site... But now I've seen that credit is given, I'm okay with it. Teaches me a lesson too ;) HF in GW2! Sjeng 08:01, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
- Had that feeling before myself...don't envy you it. Thanks (: -- Thon Ghul|Talk 12:06, 11 September 2012 (UTC)