Guide to modifying in-game graphics/Texmod/Player made modifications/UI enhancements
|Warning: Directly modifying the Guild Wars program files through any third party tools is completely unsupported by ArenaNet and NCSoft. If anything breaks, do not contact support for help; there's nothing they can do about it. Also, third party programs not supported by ArenaNet might contain trojans, spyware, adware, and other harmful programs. See also: ANet's official stance.|
|Note: To run these mods, you will need to use Texmod. Please see Guide to modifying in-game graphics/Texmod for details on where to get it and how to use it.|
To list your modification here, click the edit link of the section your mod belongs and add your mod using the following form:
==== Modification name ==== A short description what the mod does. :'''Creator:''' [[User:Example]] :'''Download:''' http://example.org/link/to-the/mod.tpf :'''Sample:''' [[Media:Texmod_modname.jpg|Mod Name]]
- To keep the mods more organized, please add your mod in alphabetical order within its section or group.
- The sample image is optional and should be uploaded in the "Texmod_modname.jpg" format.
- The download link must link directly to a
TPFfile. Archived files (ZIP, RAR etc.) are not allowed and will be removed.
 UI enhancements
The mods in this section alter the appearance or rendering of the user interface to provide additional functionality or to alter its visual appeal.
 @µ's clear line UI
Replaces the default UI with a smooth style of high resolution, high contrast, darker backgrounds. Revises the skillbar and damage/energy/health displays.
- Creator: @µ (Atmu)
- Download latest version: v4.8.200
- Sample: Latest version (1.89 MB image)
 Black and Aero Windows
Changes the GW Interface to mimic the Aero effect in Windows Vista/7.
- Creator: User:Sucube
- Download: Black Vista 2009-08-24, Aero Windows (Black) 2012-01-25, Aero Windows (White) 2012-01-25
- Sample: Black Vista, Aero Windows (black), Aero Windows (White)
 Blue-glass Menus
Makes the look of menus like friends list, guild menu, hero menu, etc' into blue glass.
 Cartography Made Easy
This mod allows for instant comparison to a Grandmaster Cartography map for an easy way to find missing or hard to reach spots. Updated with all known black areas on March 6, 2009.
- Creator: User:Pyron Sy- Page about this mod
- Download Tyria and GW:EN: http://www.mediafire.com/?zymzmnmjje4
- Download Cantha: http://www.mediafire.com/?wwd52mmqdzu
- Download Elona: http://www.mediafire.com/?jommizgz5zz
- Download Complete Collection: http://www.mediafire.com/?k50zdqnehwn
- Sample: Kryta (Tyria) sample
- Video on cartography and how to use Texmod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxjee24qZ_E
 Clearskills v1.3
Changes the skills in-game to mimic those as seen on the wiki. Also provides a cleaner Effects Monitor which comes in two varieties, green and blue. Green features enchantment effect window colors similar to the original, while the latter replaces this color with a light blue. Note that this mod will remove the enchantment/hex arrows, and the numbers found on the bottom of the skill bar.
- Creator: User:losershawn
- Download: Clearskills 'Green' -- Clearskills 'Blue'
- Sample: Full 'green' preview -- Blue enchantments preview
 Crystal Windows
Changes the backgrounds of the Storage, Friends, Hero, Skills, Inventory, etc windows to transparent.
 Dark Glass UI
This mod completely changes the Guild Wars interface to a "Dark Glass" style and improves the UI by adding Spirit Range to the radar, adding a 50% health marker and various other small adjustments.
- This interface has been updated to be compatible with the Dervish update
- Creator: dfcowell (Bowman Artemis)
- Download: DarkGlassUI v1.2 Official Dark Glass Release 1 Dark Glass V1.1 re-mirrored.
- Sample: Compass, Hero Panel, Inventory, Mission Map, Options Panel, Party Window, Various Panels
 Desolation Runner
This mod highlights all the unsafe areas in pure red, leaving the safe spots unchanged. Since most of the textures have similar colors, this clearly distinguishes "safe" from "unsafe", so Desolation runs can be completed easier.
Note: texture settings has to be in medium or higher to have effect
 DTSC 4 Way Map Mod
Shows the 4 paths in what is sometimes referred to as Frenchway, including the oni zones and where in them that oni tend to spawn.
 Enhanced Adrenaline Display
This mod changes the overlay for adrenaline skills to increase the visibility of the current state of adrenaline charges.
 Glazed UI 1.2
7/10/09 Update: Reuploaded UI files and replaced dead links.
7/25/08 Update: Version 1.2 is out. Pretty much everything is fixed up, including PvP--although there's still one bug where there is a minor anomaly in the trade window. For a changelog, see the [release thread].
A user-interface mod emphasized on flat strokes and a reflective body that comes in two flavors: 'Graphite' and 'Classic GW'. Released June 8th 2008.
NOTE: For best image quality in-game, play on NORMAL interface size!
 Reverse Bars for Glazed UI 1.2
This is mod reverse the coloring of health and energy bars. It is designed to work with the art structure of Glazed UI 1.2
NOTE: When using be sure that the Reverse Bars package has priority over the Glazed Graphite package.
 Golden Character Select Frame
This mod changes the color of the character selection frame to gold instead of silver. (Idea improved from Blastedt's version.)
- Creator: Farlo - Page for this mod
- Download Entire Frame: Download from MediaFire
- Download Trim and Open Slots: Download from MediaFire
- Download Trim Only: Download from Mediafire
- Sample: Entire frame and open slots or Trim only
 Guild Wars 2 UI Style ( Updated 01/July/2012)
Replaces the UI with a Guild Wars 2 texture style. This is my final version. See you in Guild Wars 2!
- Creator: User:Lee Himself
- Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/y31url
- Download Add On: Spirit Range Add On - http://www.sendspace.com/file/oom6uw (Make sure its higher on the texmod selection list/Wont look good on its own)
- Download Add On: 50% Health Add on - http://www.sendspace.com/file/000rio (Again make sure its higher in the texmod selection list/removes borders and puts lines in titles and exp)
- Sample: Sample UI
 Kurz HFFF Duel of The Houses
Kurzick Hero Fact Faction Farming pin points for heroes and henchmen.
 In-game Mission Maps (IGMM)
This is a mod that adds a walk-through of red dots for each mission on the map itself, highlighting important places and bosses located within. It also shows a "times table" for any mission with a time limit for Masters. The Mission Map (U) generally gives a better view than the World Map does. These maps are heavily based off of Celestia's maps on the Wiki.
Note: This mod does work with Cartography Made Easy, but ONLY if IGMM is loaded before CME (higher on the queue or list of mods).
- Creator: Farlo - Page for this mod
- Download Canthan: Download from MediaFire
- Download Elonian: Download from MediaFire
- Download Tyrian: Download from MediaFire
- Download All Continents: MediaFire
- Sample: IGMM (Cantha), Using the Mission Map for the Imperial Sanctum, Istan missions with CME loaded
 LA to Drok's Running Guide
Guide to show which way to go while running from Lion's Arch to Droknar's Forge
 Life-, Energy- and EXP-Bar + Resurrection Signet
This Mod changes the color of the bars and changes the Resurrection Signet (See my Mod under "Skills").
 Minimalist Spirit Radar v1.0
This mod adds a very simple line to indicate spirit range. It is a minimalist version of the spirit radars that have been made.
- **Working with all updates as of 7/30/2007**
- Creator: User:Thor79 - Page about this mod
- Download: http://www.chaos-rising.com/stuff/thunder/gw/mods/SpiritRadar.tpf
- Sample: Sample pic
 Mount Qinkai Speed-Clear Map
- Creator: Farlo - Page for this mod
- Download 2-man Heroway: MediaFire
- Download 8-man Monkway: MediaFire
- Sample: 2-man routes | 8-man routes
 No Snow
Removes falling snow during gameplay. During runs such as Droks, it's helpful to have a clear view.
 Outlined Skills
This mod provides cleaner looking skills outlined in white. It is compatible with the new Flash Enchantment update.
- Creator: User:MikuChan
- Download: White version, Black/Transparent version
- Sample: White Version, Black/Transparent version
 Overhead Health Bar Remover
This mod removes the health bar that hovers over a targets head.
 Prophecies GW
Changes the UI to the look when Prophecies launched. v1.2
- Creator: Asuka
- Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?rmlxhdh4zjh
- Sample: Login Screen • Character Selection • Loadingscreen • Ingame
 Red Flash Remover
Stops models from flashing bright red when they take damage, which has been known to cause headaches and nausea for some players.
 Underworld Smite Runner Map
This mod removes the fog in all areas as well as adding the paths of smites, skeles, coldfires, and safespots on the mission map.
- Creator: User:Xv Alex Xv
- Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nw15yd1rto097q6
- Sample: In-Game Screenshot, Original Idea
 Vert UI
Profession color edged skin with a simpler style. Changes to health bar for green=healthy, red=damage