your two user names :p
 Hylek Cuicani redirect
Actually, that redirect is useful, whether you intended to make it or not. The in-game name of all the Heket paragons ends with an "i", except the Hylek one. That means that people searching for the Hylek paragon are likely to misspell the name in the search bar, and the redirect helps them find the proper page. G R E E N E R 18:02, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
 Galrath's history, part 2
Glad you prefer the edited version of your story. Without prior approval, there's no way of knowing whether someone is changing the intended meaning of one's attributed remarks. I might be oversensitive, since 2-3 times, someone has attempted to fix or improve my talk page comments and completely altered what I was saying, based on their own misunderstanding. This can be especially important with fiction, in which authors routinely break rhetorical, logical, or grammatical rules in order to convey a particular impression, mood, or even a sense of their character's role in the story.
- I'm pretty sure you're over-reacting a little bit, fixing clearly evident typographical errors in comments really isn't ever going to harm somebody, and solong as one uses their absolute best judgement to determine when something is, and when something isn't a typographical error, there really shouldn't be any problems. Not that I'm encouraging all of wiki to go off and do this - but I think some individuals have little problem determining when it is and isn't okay to revise a talk page contribution, and pointing it out to the user seems more humiliating than anything - it's basically to save face. 18.104.22.168 16:48, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Also, apparently I can occasionally get the same IP regardless of how I log into my school network, or where I login - awesome. 22.214.171.124 16:51, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Right, but this included word choice, not just typos: wonderfull swordmasters → masterful swordsmen might be more effective language, but it wasn't what you wrote. (I would have just posted a note at the IP's talk page if all they did was change it's to its or a few edits along those lines.) In this particular case, it seemed safer to restore your text and give you full control rather than to let someone else have the last word about what you intended.
- It isn't as per userID, seeing as I'm on a temp login right now. :> Also, you should click my IP address, and then you'll realize that half of what you said above doesn't apply. ^-^ 126.96.36.199 17:25, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hello hello. I understand you Tennessee, don't worry. I thought so too that the anonymous would have been more polite to ask for my permission, but indeed, I didn't mind at all. English is not my birth language (in case it wasn't obvious), and a correction is always welcome. It's not like school will help me progress... Regarding that little story, even if a few elements have changed a little, I didn't mind it either, as the main idea was the only thing important here. (I would have mind very much elsewhere, but here, not at all.)
So i agree, it was slightly presomptuous from the anonymous "wiki fairy", to do so, but in that case, I was actually glad she did it.
And thank you for your word of appreciation regarding the story. ^^ When I first wrote it for Rox, it was nearly the opposite problem, (Rox using galrath slash), but it was already killing two birds with one stone at that time. If it appeased the thing that was rising, that's good. That's wonderful what we can do with just some imagination ^^ Explaining what the creators themselves didn't explained, for a reason or another. The world is not what it is, but what we think of it. Anyway, already spoke too much. Bye ! Peace, yaoi & yuri. Lussh 15:55, 5 May 2011 (UTC)