ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Assault Enchantments
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Boro 's issue
- Very conditional enchantment removal, useless in PvP because you will be blocked most of the time or in PvE where you will fail to do enough damage to help your team if you take this elite instead of other ones.
- In this way it would be a good enchantment removal, while not being too powerful due to it's secondary effect.
Bathory's Issue 02:54, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Weaker than most non-elite skills, and pales in comparison to Shattering Assault.
- Model it after the newly changed Seeping Wound.
- 5 1 10 Hex spell. Deals X damage per second while target foe is Enchanted.
- This would be a more general, useful function, but would not be better or worse than Seeping because of the conditions. A lot of foes enchant themselves but you don't control it - unlike poison where you need to put it on. It would also serve as a hex for facilitating chains starting with "Black" dagger skills.
- Underpowered, "wrong skill, wrong moment"
- 5 ¾ 13 Skill. Target foe's enchantments are disabled for 1...11...14. If target foe was casting a spell, that foe is knocked down. must follow a dual attack.
- 10 ¾ 15 Skill. Target foe's enchantments are disabled for 1...11...14. If target foe was casting a spell, that foe is knocked down and loses an enchantment.
- 10 1 20 Enchantment Spell. (30 seconds). Whenever you hit a foe, you deal +1...3...4 damage for each enchantment on target foe.
- An absolute waste of an elite slot. Incredibly underpowered and is outdone by so many other skills, elite and non-elite alike.
- Improve it, but keep this skill in Critical Strikes. This skill needs to be approached at a new angle. Also, instead of simply removing enchantments, this skill should really punish people for having enchantments as well in order to make it worthy of elite skill status.
- This is essentially another, more conditional version of Beguiling Haze.
10 ¾ 10 - Elite Enchantment Spell. For 5...25...30 seconds, you cannot be blocked by targets that are under the effects of an enchantment. Whenever you successfully strike a target with an attack skill that is under the effects of an enchantment, you deal +5...13...15 damage and that target begins bleeding for 5...17...20 seconds.
- This version allows for some damage buffing for the Assassin as well as some degeneration. The fact that you need to use attack skills in order to receive the damage buff prevents Assassins from simply bringing an easy to maintain IAS and spamming regular dagger attacks.
10 0 10 - Elite Lead Attack. If this attack hits, you deal +5...13...15 damage and remove 0...1...1 enchantment. If you removed an enchantment, your target suffers from deep wound for 0...8...10 seconds. This attack cannot be blocked.
- This version could be really potent in PvP. Again, somewhat conditional as not all of one's enemies will be using enchantments, but will definitely help in spike assisstance and possibly bring Assassins back into a more prominent position in PvP once more. Its 10 energy cost, rather low bonus damage, and the fact that one would have to have 15 in Critical Strikes in order to maintain the deep wound prevents it from being too overpowered. However, if this skill did become too abused in general play, removing the unblockable ability of it could help balance it further.